The Student Room Group

AQA RS08 Revision Thread

Thought we could help each other.

I really don't like the Discourses, although of course I will revise them, I am tempted to focus on the Signs and Passion & Resurrection narratives instead. Especially having looked at the past exams papers:

1) a. Signs & Person / work of Jesus. (Crippled Man & Officer's Son)
b. Signs: Symbolism & Historical accuracy. (Water into Wine & Feeding 5000)
2) a. Discourses & Person / work of Jesus. (Bread of Life & Light of World)
b. Modern scholar understanding of Discourses & their irrelevance to modern day. (Good Shepard & Light of World)
3) a. Purpose of Resurrection narrative.
b. Person of Jesus in Passion narrative (human) & Resurrection narrative (divine).

1) a. Signs: Interpretation of Feeding of 5000.
b. Signs & Replacement Theology & Purpose of Gospel. (Water into Wine & Officer's Son & Crippled Man)
2) a. Discourses & Person / work of Jesus (Way, Truth, Life & True Vine)
b. Discourses - Eschatological judge & views expressed in Way, Truth, Life & True Vine.
3) a. Resurrection narratives & work of Jesus.
b. Role of Paraclete.

1) a. Signs & person / work of Jesus. (Water into Wine & Officer's Son)
b. Meaning of 'sign', presentation of miracles & difficulties for modern readers.
2) a. Discourses: Nature & significance. (Light of World and Resurrection & Life)
b. Judgement in Gospel: Beliefs contradict?
3) a. Passion narrative: Presentation of Jesus.
b. Role of Paraclete.

Is that a bad idea? I am just worried that with limited revision time plus such a lot to do in the hour and a half, focusing on Discourses to try and bring my knowledge of them up to scatch is a waste / could backfire.

Suggestions?
Reply 1
Does anyone know the 'background of the Paraclete'?
There is dispute as to the background of the Paraclete but most theologians believe it is the Spiritual continuation of Jesus

Hope that helps! If you need any more info then just e-mail me! ([email protected])
Reply 3
Thanks.

I looked it up before after thinking 'greek'.
The background to the word: from the Greek word Parakletos which means a legal aid / friend in court. I'll just throw that in if it comes up and hope for the best as it shouldn't form the focus of an essay really as the questions are more about its role and whether it continues the work of Jesus. (Fingers crossed)

=D
Reply 4
How did it go? I didn't get enough time for 2)b)! I did finish it, but it could have been much better.
Reply 5
Rubbish lol.
Oh well.
At least it is done now.

=D
Reply 6
Mine went awfully! didn't have enough time to finish 1b or 3a!
so thats a U for that one!

Latest

Trending

Trending