The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any1 at all? lol so hard finding environmental A2 students. plz leave mark here
Reply 2
cobra2
ok just been browsing google and find a usefull site with module5 notes

http://envisci.googlepages.com/

Anyone know any sites for module 4 revision?
A2 environmental science is pretty hard imo, just the fact theres so much too learn. anyone got any ideas what may come up on either paper? please post here

lifesaver. i have no notes on this topics :smile:
Don't know if you still need these but for you or anyone else that might find them useful. They're not fantastic or anything but I'll attach them anyway.

I've got some powerpoints on
Nutrient pollution
Heavy Metal Water Pollution
Human Population
Deforestation
El Nino
and
Set aside

if anyone wants to look at them I could email them or something because I can't upload them to this?

Have you got the Environmental Science Fact Sheets?
Reply 4
mememe i'm taking the exams on friday. not looking forward to it.
Reply 5
yess thanx 4 the powerpoints, :smile: cheers
Reply 6
Not many people do EnvSci eh? Our exams are always so late as well... ESC7 on 24th :s Everyone else is done by then :'(

Thanks for the notes on Mod 5 btw, I find this module the hardest I think!
Reply 7
i like mod5, mod4 i dont have very good notes so dont like it much.
i did the coursework so nt doin esc7
Reply 8
ouch, the Esc 7 exam looks waaaay harder than coursework. Good luck with that!!!
Cheers for the website as well, it's got some good summaries on there. I like module 5, i think the pollution stuff is more interesting that farming and forestry and stuff.
Reply 9
does any1 know what unit 4,5 and 7 are out of in terms of marks and ums points? im really confused :s-smilie:
Reply 10
unit 4 and 5 paper is out of 70 but scaled upto 105.
dont now bout unit7
does anybody have predictions on the essay questions at the end of units 4 and 5?
Reply 12
They're always so diverse... however I hope at least one of them is on environmental damage or pollutants. Something really general. Can get loads of marks out of that easy :smile:
Reply 13
yea i hope so, but the essay on general properties of pollutants and how they effect global, regional etc i dnt reli like

i cant seem to relate the pollutant to how it will effect regional and global etc.

can any1 giv example how it shud be written
have a look at some of the past exam papers and see what points you need to include and dont waffle! and if you dont know something then make it up - they dont take marks off if you get something wrong because its a positive mark scheme!

im really worrying because the notes we have are actually rubbish - the teachers weren't the best...
Reply 15
how did yall find the exam? personally i though mod 4 and 5 were decent papers

quick question, on mod4 the graph question on the opposite page we were asked to choose some catergory A,B,C,D etc
i put C, dont know y

wat did evey1 else get? if any envisci students on, lol yea i knw its only 1 mark, bt it makes a difference
Reply 16
sorry i think it was mod5 not 4
I think I put C
Reply 18
I believe C was the right answer :smile:

I thought both of the papers were pretty hard, mod5 harder than mod4. All of the essay questions were evil too :frown:
I did part b) on both papers. Hopefully I scraped a few marks.

My last exam is ESC7 on tuesday, so I'm taking a well-earned rest over most of the weekend then getting down to revision again.
Reply 19
I found ESC4 to be somewhat too easy that it kinda worries me. Chose the sustainable farming one and typed about 3 pages!
ES5 I totally cocked up, but I'm hoping it balances out!
ESC7 should be okay, not much revision to do on it really apart from research methods and stats remembering!
Im so glad they give us the appendix with it :biggrin: !

Latest