The Student Room Group

tommorow.....

so nervous that the 3rd November is nearly hear. Hows everyone feeling? I've decided to try and stop stressin about it, at the end of the day I don't think the lnat results will mean a great deal 'except in extreme circumstances' as stated by nottingham and bristol. might as well jus get it over with!!
I still need to get photographic ID so a NUS card will have to do! If they told me before paying I'd have one right now. This doesn't help other people.
NDGAARONDI
I still need to get photographic ID so a NUS card will have to do! If they told me before paying I'd have one right now. This doesn't help other people.

They told me when I registered? Or they told me sometime anyway - I haven't piad yet.
Reply 3
Lol so many people haven't paid.

Anyone else taking their passport?
Dreama
Lol so many people haven't paid.

Anyone else taking their passport?

I'm taking my passport.

Does anyone know if the two different sections are timed seperately, or do we just get two hours for them both with the length of time stated for each section just being advisory?
Reply 5
I have a feeling they are separate.

* 80 mins multiple choice
then-
* 40 mins essay
Dreama
I have a feeling they are separate.

* 80 mins multiple choice
then-
* 40 mins essay

Balls :mad:
Reply 7
I know, it's a pain isn't it?
:tongue:
Reply 8
I'm taking a printout of that thing, my passport and probably carrying a couple of pens, and if i'm allowed a bag. I'm tempted to take a pencil and rubber to do little notes on the side and then rub em out! I dunno what mark to expect but looking through the LNAT sample paper i realised how easy some of the questions were but its still scary!!
Reply 9
im worried something really stupid is gonna happen, like all 10 of the pens i take are going to run out or some nonsense! anyone taking it at North London College at 1pm? wot time is everyone elses?
Reply 10
aww....you guys stress too much :wink: Personally - I don't think much emphasis will be put on the LNAT at all by admissions. Its the first time its being used - I think it will be used just to seperate borderline candidates really. :rolleyes:

Shall I make you feel better? I've only just found out what the hell the Tomlinson report is ( :eek: - doubt it will turn up though) and I haven't written an essay since June :biggrin:
Reply 11
Nottingham uni have used it previously and one of the chief writers came into our college to talk about it and said if you have AAA and do crap in the LNAT and then someone with BBB does good on the LNAT then they would rather take the BBB candidate because of their critical skills, so it seems a fair weight is placed on it in that respect.
Opalfire
Nottingham uni have used it previously and one of the chief writers came into our college to talk about it and said if you have AAA and do crap in the LNAT and then someone with BBB does good on the LNAT then they would rather take the BBB candidate because of their critical skills, so it seems a fair weight is placed on it in that respect.

Excellent, this is good news. Not because it favours candidates with lower grades ebcause I'm not a complete AAA candidate but it is a fairer way of assessing ability and potential for the intending degree. I've heard many students with lower grades doing better than those with higher ones, sometimes in the same subject and at a similiar university.

Latest

Trending

Trending