The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khushi.S
What is the actual expression though? Is it just H+=Ka?

I wasn't sure to be honest, I just wrote a statement explaining my previous post in the exam, but if I had to guess then [H+] = Ka× constant (which is [HX]/[X-])
it's a mark so most likely as long as you show [H+] is not dependent on volume then you should be ok
Original post by tbofig
The amount of people who did not know about this at all I suspect will have to be taken into account

I'd hope so! We've got AQA's book and in there it says electrospray ionisation is removal of electrons. Think they need to sort the spec out so everyone's learning the same thing. :s-smilie:

IMG_20190608_125527_hdr_kindlephoto-446102180.jpg
Yep sadly wrong definition in the books, we had the same question on the A level exam. Horrible for them to do that tbh.
Original post by Skyward_Bound
I'd hope so! We've got AQA's book and in there it says electrospray ionisation is removal of electrons. Think they need to sort the spec out so everyone's learning the same thing. :s-smilie:

IMG_20190608_125527_hdr_kindlephoto-446102180.jpg
Reply 763
Get in boyyyyssss
Original post by Dilof
Definitely, it's the same thing as disproportionation
Reply 764
Are these questions in order?
Reply 765
Original post by apspirei
does anyone have a copy of this paper? im sitting my mock tomorrow and im pretty sure it will be on this paper. also, no a level inorganic came up did it?

let me know if you find anything x
Have you got the paper on you
Original post by batwingroberta
i did this mock and let me tell you i found it horriblleeeeeeee theres one mechanism (electrophillic addition of cycloaklene and br2) but that was about all the inorganic i think . theres a q where you had to draw molecule after reacting with an ester so revise that and revise C13 and H1 NMR cos theres a whole couple pages on that. revise ELECTROSPRAY toooo thats the first q threw me off lol. 6 marker on buffer calculations as well as another 6 marker on the shape of complex ions with cobalt (octahedral) and platinum (square planar) so learn the shapes of them and the isomers ( like cis/trans platin )cos they ask you to draw them..... good luck i hope you do better then me! :smile:

Isn't electrophilic addition an organic topic?? Not an inorganic? Also I thought esters and organic analysis were also organic topics. Please clarify I'm v confused thanks!
Original post by batwingroberta
i did this mock and let me tell you i found it horriblleeeeeeee theres one mechanism (electrophillic addition of cycloaklene and br2) but that was about all the inorganic i think . theres a q where you had to draw molecule after reacting with an ester so revise that and revise C13 and H1 NMR cos theres a whole couple pages on that. revise ELECTROSPRAY toooo thats the first q threw me off lol. 6 marker on buffer calculations as well as another 6 marker on the shape of complex ions with cobalt (octahedral) and platinum (square planar) so learn the shapes of them and the isomers ( like cis/trans platin )cos they ask you to draw them..... good luck i hope you do better then me! :smile:

A lot of these are organic topics when paper 1 is only inorganic and physical chem? I'm confused???
Can someone please send me the paper
Original post by Aran4113
Can someone please send me the paper

if you get a copy send me it too please

Latest

Trending

Trending