The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Mature students (21+) at the University of Sunderland

Nervous about starting university as a mature student? You don't have to be. Listen to words of advice from our students and their experiences as mature students. We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Sunderland.

[video="youtube;AyUf8wzDHXc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyUf8wzDHXc[/video]
In this thread why not share:
What are you currently studying:
What subject(s) are you applying for:
Which other universities are you applying to:
Any other info you feel like sharing or questions you may have:
(edited 3 years ago)
Is Sunderland a good uni?
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
We obviously think so! Our students enjoy the small class sizes and close knit campus feel. We've been told we're a friendly bunch too :smile:

Is there anything specific about the university you would like to know?

Original post by TS33
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
We obviously think so! Our students enjoy the small class sizes and close knit campus feel. We've been told we're a friendly bunch too :smile:

Is there anything specific about the university you would like to know?

No thanks, I'm not even a mature student. I just like asking questions :wink:
This isn't my experience of UoS, and I'm a mature student attending but sadly not being taught my pathway. Was misled about the course content and equipment. Also had a lecturer encourage the class to laugh at my disability. Not much good to say about the Uni really. Toilets are always leaking, often full of excrement. Library books outdated for my pathway. Taught web design from the millennium bug era, and not much else yet. One year to go, and hoping they start teaching cybersecurity, or even mentioning it would be great!! PLEASE RESEARCH OTHER UNIS!!!!
Original post by username8408717

Yeah it is
Original post by username6083350
Yeah it is

:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending