The Student Room Group

Northumbria or Sunderland for adult nursing

Hi,
I have been offered a place at both Northumbria and Sunderland to study adult nursing starting September 24.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice or opinions on which of these would be a better choice.
I’ll be going as a mature student so the nightlife and social side isn’t as important to me.
Thanks for any advice :smile:
Congratulations on securing your offers!
Adult Nursing is a fantastic course that will lead to a very rewarding career.

We're lucky to be able to collaborate with local Trusts and offer an exciting and innovative undergraduate pre-registration Adult Nursing course that supports the growth of nursing in the region. This course also provides opportunities to collaborate in an interprofessional learning capacity with our healthcare courses including Pharmacy, Paramedic Science, Medicine, Biomedical Science, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.

When it comes to making a decision, it's important to consider many factors, some of which even lie outside of course choice. Do look into the modules and what you'll cover on the course, the career prospects and employability rates from the university, the location and distance of the university and if there are additional costs linked to this. The facilities are key too- be sure to book yourself onto an open day so you can get a true feel for the campus and have the chance to chat with real current students about their experiences.

You'll find a lively and supportive atmosphere on our two campuses in Sunderland, ensuring you have the best student experience possible during your time with us.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to reach out :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by millpool
Hi,
I have been offered a place at both Northumbria and Sunderland to study adult nursing starting September 24.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice or opinions on which of these would be a better choice.
I’ll be going as a mature student so the nightlife and social side isn’t as important to me.
Thanks for any advice :smile:

The honest answer is... whichever one is the better choice for you. Both will get you a nursing degree and an NMC registration.
Have a look round both universities, talk to current students and staff. This will help you decide which one you prefer.
Ask about which hospitals and community areas both universities use - how easily you can get to these also needs to be a factor in deciding!
Hey, I have been offered a place at Northumbria University for Nursing (Mental Health) and I was just wondering, I have family up there and was thinking about staying with them to save money, but I want to be involved in freshers week, I’m not sure how I can join these freshers events because I won’t know anyone, because majority people will be accommodating and will get to know eachother there. I’m anxious on even going to these events

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending