The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hispanic-Impressions
I thought altruism would be likely, but it's in the same subtopic as evolutionary explanations, and I thought they don't usually put two sub topics back to back.

Social learning is horrible, but not as bad as intelligence :frown:.

Yea thats true.. argh i'm so confusedddd! Why is there no pattern for this topic?!
In jun 2006 there was social learning, and jan 2007 there was intelligence. these are both in the same topic.
the topics have gone, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 1. which means classical/operant, or SLT is most likely.. arghh this is stupid. it looks like i will have to learn EVERYTHING. rubbish.. anyway better crack on :biggrin:
sighhhhhhhhhh - i think how everyone is feeling atm lol
Alison267
Yea thats true.. argh i'm so confusedddd! Why is there no pattern for this topic?!
In jun 2006 there was social learning, and jan 2007 there was intelligence. these are both in the same topic.
the topics have gone, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 1. which means classical/operant, or SLT is most likely.. arghh this is stupid. it looks like i will have to learn EVERYTHING. rubbish.. anyway better crack on :biggrin:

I know. I don't like disruption of the pattern :'(. (if there even is one.)

Yeah, I'm also going to focus on conditioning and SLT. I hate those two topics though, there never seems to be enough A02/evaluative material :frown:.
Reply 43
Alison267

Lol, so I'm not the only one who's tried to find "2, 1, 3, 3...etc" patterns then! Where did you find the Jan 08 question?!?!??! I really want to see that question paper, not sure if it would do me any good though.

Rar I don't want to do classical and operant conditioning, have got hardly any A02 points for them =/
Reply 44
i am sooo thankful for doind pya4 in january already!

but PYA5 is a whole other story! anyone got any good predictions for that exam? because my revision is abismal!
el3ktrauma
Lol, so I'm not the only one who's tried to find "2, 1, 3, 3...etc" patterns then! Where did you find the Jan 08 question?!?!??! I really want to see that question paper, not sure if it would do me any good though.

Rar I don't want to do classical and operant conditioning, have got hardly any A02 points for them =/

Ah hahaha, yea i do it too. i makes me feel like i'm actually revising!
errr found it on another thread took me ages to find! :

Here Are The Q's

Section A - Social Psychology

1) Outline & Evaluate One Or More Theories Of Origins Of Prejudice (24 Marks)

2) Discuss Research Into 'understudied Relationships' I.e. Gay/lesbian Relations & Mediated (internet/text) Relations (24mrks)

3a)outline 2 Social Psychological Theories Of Aggression E.g. Social Learning Theory/deindividuation (12marks)
3b) Evaluate One Of The Theories Of Aggression That You Have Outlined In Part A (12marks)

Section B- Physiological Psychology

4)discuss Organisation Of Language In The Brain (24 Marks)

5)discuss Research Relating To The Nature Of Dreams (24 Marks)

6)outline And Evaluate One Or More Theories Of Motivation (24marks)

Section C- Cognitive Psychology

7)discuss Explanations Of Pattern Recognition (e.g. Template And Feature Detection Theories) (24marks)

8)with Reference To Explanations Of Perceptual Develoment Discuss Nature/nurture Debate (24marks)

9)describe And Evaluate Research Into Problem Solving (24marks)

Section D- Developmental Psychology

10a)otuline 2 Theories Of Cognitive Development (12marks)
10b)evaluate One Of The Theories Of Cognitive Development That You Have Outlined In Part A (12marks)

11)discuss Explanations Of The Development Of Gender Identity/gender Roles (24marks)

12)discuss One Or More Explanations Of Adjustment To Old Age (e.g.social Disengagement Theory).

Section E- Cognitive Psychology

13)discuss One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of The Behaviour Of Non Human Animals (24 Marks)

14)outline And Evaluate The Use Of Two Or More Signalling Systems In Non Humans (24 Marks)

15a) Outline And Evaluate One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of Depression (12marks)
15b)outline And Evaluate One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of Anxiety Disorders (12marks)

i'm just going to finish some altrism revision then i'll do cognitive/operant. i hate A02 as well. the teachers only give us 4/5 points :| once i've done i'll post mine so we can swap if you like.. won't be for awhile tho :biggrin:
el3ktrauma
I not much use to you as the only question I'm doing the same as you is 5, which I'm predicting will be biological rhythms, but hoping it will be psychological and neurobiological theories of dreaming, as I like that one!

Does anyone have a question paper for PYA4 Jan 08? Or know which questions came up??

(I'm getting a bit scared, never been scared about exams before 0_0)

dreams came up in january

so did gender development

ANDDDDD the evolution explanation of depression...me thinks..
Reply 47
im going to fail. Im supposed to be answering 2,5 & 10 but whether i actually accomplish that is a whole other story. Why cant it be like last year.... :frown:
hopefully 3,5 and 15 wont be too bad, positive thinking people!!
Reply 49
Alison267

Here Are The Q's

OMG thanks for the questions :biggrin: does that mean that if a question has come up on the Jan 08 paper then it isn't going to come up on tuesday? I'd love to be able to rule out one topic, this emergency revision is scary.
el3ktrauma
OMG thanks for the questions :biggrin: does that mean that if a question has come up on the Jan 08 paper then it isn't going to come up on tuesday? I'd love to be able to rule out one topic, this emergency revision is scary.

well its unlikely to come up, but that doesn't mean it wont! desperate times call for desperate measures (lol) so i'm not going to learn those that came up. as it is pretty unlikely.
Reply 51
Knowing the Jan 08 questions could backfire on me actually, cause I was just about to revise origins of prejudice (see Q1), but now I know it came up in Jan I'm not gonna do it... which could work out quite badly for me if it now comes up... meeeeow hope strategic revision works.
Reply 52
ahhhh is anyone bothering to revise dreams? because it came up in january! i think disrupting biological rhytms will come up
xxx
el3ktrauma
Knowing the Jan 08 questions could backfire on me actually, cause I was just about to revise origins of prejudice (see Q1), but now I know it came up in Jan I'm not gonna do it... which could work out quite badly for me if it now comes up... meeeeow hope strategic revision works.

I don't think they've ever asked a question twice in a row, but they may ask it on the same topic ie. like they did, social learning and intelligence.

i really hope what i revise comes up, if it doesn't i'm actually screwed. ahh well.
Alison267
Ah hahaha, yea i do it too. i makes me feel like i'm actually revising!

Here Are The Q's

Section A - Social Psychology

1) Outline & Evaluate One Or More Theories Of Origins Of Prejudice (24 Marks)

2) Discuss Research Into 'understudied Relationships' I.e. Gay/lesbian Relations & Mediated (internet/text) Relations (24mrks)

3a)outline 2 Social Psychological Theories Of Aggression E.g. Social Learning Theory/deindividuation (12marks)
3b) Evaluate One Of The Theories Of Aggression That You Have Outlined In Part A (12marks)

Section B- Physiological Psychology

4)discuss Organisation Of Language In The Brain (24 Marks)

5)discuss Research Relating To The Nature Of Dreams (24 Marks)

6)outline And Evaluate One Or More Theories Of Motivation (24marks)

Section C- Cognitive Psychology

7)discuss Explanations Of Pattern Recognition (e.g. Template And Feature Detection Theories) (24marks)

8)with Reference To Explanations Of Perceptual Develoment Discuss Nature/nurture Debate (24marks)

9)describe And Evaluate Research Into Problem Solving (24marks)

Section D- Developmental Psychology

10a)otuline 2 Theories Of Cognitive Development (12marks)
10b)evaluate One Of The Theories Of Cognitive Development That You Have Outlined In Part A (12marks)

11)discuss Explanations Of The Development Of Gender Identity/gender Roles (24marks)

12)discuss One Or More Explanations Of Adjustment To Old Age (e.g.social Disengagement Theory).

Section E- Cognitive Psychology

13)discuss One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of The Behaviour Of Non Human Animals (24 Marks)

14)outline And Evaluate The Use Of Two Or More Signalling Systems In Non Humans (24 Marks)

15a) Outline And Evaluate One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of Depression (12marks)
15b)outline And Evaluate One Or More Evolutionary Explanations Of Anxiety Disorders (12marks)

i'm just going to finish some altrism revision then i'll do cognitive/operant. i hate A02 as well. the teachers only give us 4/5 points :| once i've done i'll post mine so we can swap if you like.. won't be for awhile tho :biggrin:

i actually love you!!! thank you sooo much!!
Reply 55
cherrylux
ahhhh is anyone bothering to revise dreams? because it came up in january! i think disrupting biological rhytms will come up
xxx

I won't revise the nature of dreams (yey cause the stages of sleep are boring) but I think I will look at theories of dreaming (neurobiological/psychological) just in case. I like talking about Freud and latent content and PHALLIC SYMBOLS etc.
charlottemary
i actually love you!!! thank you sooo much!!

Ah hahaha :biggrin:
thankssss!
For relationships has anyone learnt about the predisposing and precipitating factors of relationship breakdown? or something in relationships.
cos our teacher taught us it but she taught us soo much stuff and a lot of it isnt needed!
And i cant really figure out where these would go, like in regards to a questions.
Sooo if anyone has done them can u please hlep me!
Matchbox123
For relationships has anyone learnt about the predisposing and precipitating factors of relationship breakdown? or something in relationships.
cos our teacher taught us it but she taught us soo much stuff and a lot of it isnt needed!
And i cant really figure out where these would go, like in regards to a questions.

Nope, I haven't done revised anything about that.

For relationship breakdown, I just learned about Duck's model of dissolution (intrapsychic phase/dyadic phase/social phase/grave-dressing phase) and also Lee's sequences of separation. There's also a bit on reasons for relationship breakdown by Duck, but it's only brief and just mentions lack of interpersonal skills, lack of stimulation (rewards) and maintenance difficulties - i guess here you could briefly put a sentence about predisposing and precipitating factors, but it's not even mentioned in one of my two textbooks.
Matchbox123

For the breakdown.. i've ''learnt'' (lol)

-duck, predisposing and precipitating.. just what they mean.
maintenace difficulties
model of disslution (duck)
stages of breakdown.

thats all i'd do for breakdown.

maintence/formation
reinforcement affect,
sociobiological
social exchange
equity
and research

there not like indept just the general jist.

then for psychological explanantions of love
sternbergs triange of love,
hendricks 6 styles of love
theory of love (hatfield & walster)
then just how it differs in cultures/westernised ie N.america & china.

Latest

Trending

Trending