The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
cherrylux
ahhhh is anyone bothering to revise dreams? because it came up in january! i think disrupting biological rhytms will come up
xxx

don't not revise anything. that would be stupid. stupid (just to reiterate)

i don't really condone question spotting, but i did do it for this exam in jan. and i got all 3 Q's right. i just did a bit more focussed revision. i didn't ignore the rest of the subjects.

however (i will check my predictions) i do believe that rhythms will come up.
Reply 61
eraze
Personality – Jan 03
Adolescence – June 03
Gender – Jan 04
Personality – June 04
Adolescence – Jan 05

Personality – June 05
Adolescence – Jan 06
Gender – June 06
Personality – Jan 07
Adolescence - June 07
??? - Jan 08

Sleep – Jan 04
Rhythms – June 04
Dreams – Jan 05
Rhythms – June 05
Dreams – Jan 06
Sleep – June 06
Rhythms – Jan 07
Sleep - June 07
Dreams - Jan 08

Formation and/or maintenance – Jan 03
Breakdown – June 03
Cultures – Jan 04
Understudied – June 04
Interpersonal – Jan 05
Psychological explanations of love – June 05

Formation and/or maintenance – Jan 06
Breakdown – June 06
Cultures – Jan 07
Interpersonal – June 07
Understudied OR Psychological explanations of love - Jan 08

not my predictions. but i swear my school is the only one who did that combo :|
Reply 62
arghhhhhhhhhhh getting really stressed out now....so far i have revised
media influences for pro and anti social behaviour
enviromental stressors
and human alturism
bio rhythms
disruption of boi rhythms
endongenous and exogenous pacemakers
restoration theory for sleep
and ecological theory for sleep

ive ruled out everything that came up in jan but i dont know if thats enough?????????????????? help me please:frown:
Alsoo
What about culture in prosocial behaviour stuff?! that hasnt come up at all in the past papers i have so from 05 onwards! would that possibly come up ?
Hey!!

Im doing questions 2,3 and 15 for PYA4.

My predictions:

2) Psychological explanations of love or Breakdown
3) Environmental stressors
15) Parental Investment or Sexual selection

Anyone else thinking these?

Reply 65
ARGHH?! i had it sorted what i was revising, and now everyone is suggesting practially anything could come up and im stressing out!
I hate psychology :frown:
Matchbox123
Alsoo
What about culture in prosocial behaviour stuff?! that hasnt come up at all in the past papers i have so from 05 onwards! would that possibly come up ?

i was thinkng that as well, so im going to revise that as well, as i heard they are changing the syllabus so may like to have a surprise for us
Reply 67
el3ktrauma
Is there any chance that a question which came up in June 07 or Jan 08 would come up again in June 08? I want to cut down the essay questions which I'm trying to learn!

I do questions 1, 5 and 13... anyone else do these?

VERY unlikely. Do not study them, honestly =).
I do 2, 3 and 11. You should look on the AQA Psychology A past paper website and look at the trend to see what questions haven't been asked in recent years or what have (so you can avoid them). Ask around for what Jan 08 questions 1, 5 and 13 were and don't study them.
Reply 68
hcblingbling
i was thinkng that as well, so im going to revise that as well, as i heard they are changing the syllabus so may like to have a surprise for us

That is exactly what I've been studying today. Also a chance temperature and crowding question will come up so study that.
Reply 69
zzzzzoe
i think depression might come up for pya5
and im doing social psych. and that sounds about right!

hhmm my teacher said schizophrenia was most likely to come up?? arghh
Aisha_s
hhmm my teacher said schizophrenia was most likely to come up?? arghh

My teacher said the same!! Will focus more on that and do bit on depression. Will prob very litlle on anxiety disorders as it surely cant come up for the 3rd time in a row.
Reply 71
youre probably right, i think we said schiz. or depression
Reply 72
so are people not gonna bother revising anxiety disorders then? or at least, only revise it a little bit?
Reply 73
OiaB
not my predictions. but i swear my school is the only one who did that combo :|

WAAAIT wait wait, Jan 08's question also asked for psych explanations of love? an 'and/or' question?
emilina
so are people not gonna bother revising anxiety disorders then? or at least, only revise it a little bit?

Honestly........not gonna revise it!
Reply 75
pff ok then i wont bother either lol!! one less thing!! lol
PYA4 is on tuesday isn't it.. am?!
h3artie
WAAAIT wait wait, Jan 08's question also asked for psych explanations of love? an 'and/or' question?

From what other people have said, I think Jan 08 was understudied relationships, I'm not sure why it says that there, maybe it was someone's prediction for what would come up, I've not read the whole thread.
h3artie

It was between Understudied and psy explanations as to what would come up in january. Understudied came up so suggests psychological explanations should this time as this hasnt come up for ages.
h3artie

I am also confsued!! :s-smilie: Surely they just asked for understudied? not psyc explanations tooo? ! ahh

Latest

Trending

Trending