The Student Room Group

How did UNIT4 GOO- Business Studies AQA

Didn't try the labour calcuations, dont think i wrote enough for workforce planning & lastly the thing that pissed me off the most i did not use page 2's table to answer the last question! about option A/B

apart from that i was happy

NPV I used 300k or was it 200k? cant remember for every year x by the discount factor.

How did it go for you guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was really hard. i couldnt do half of it.
Reply 2
3ak16

Didn't try the labour calcuations, dont think i wrote enough for workforce planning & lastly the thing that pissed me off the most i did not use page 2's table to answer the last question! about option A/B

apart from that i was happy

NPV I used 300k or was it 200k? cant remember for every year x by the discount factor.

How did it go for you guys

i got like 2.2 million :p: i blame it on my old fashioned calculator from the invigilator cos i its hard to tell how many zeros there are, they all just merge into a long line ha ha. i ll get a mark for method tho. and i didnt really answer the 2nd part of finance cos i didnt have time. woops.
Reply 3
Really ran out of time for the last question, only had time to write down 3 points and a conclusion, focusing more on qualitative than the table.
A LOT of people said they were running out of time, do you think this will be reflected in the grade boundaries?
The exa wasn't long enough to give good answers - I answered each of the 14,12 and 8 markers but was forced to leave most of the labour calculations, NPV and the other 2/3 mark question - thought it was really difficult and it really caught me out - I learnt all my ratios as well!!
Reply 5
FireDeuce
Really ran out of time for the last question, only had time to write down 3 points and a conclusion, focusing more on qualitative than the table.
A LOT of people said they were running out of time, do you think this will be reflected in the grade boundaries?

the grade boundaires are usually quite low any way. an
A is 48/80
B 42/80
C 37/80
D 32/80

but i do think more time should be given even just an extra 10 mins to read the case study. i was very suprised when i turned over the page and found it was 3 pages long. to read through that underline and actually understand what is going on well enough require 10 minutes.
Reply 6
ok unit 4 was :s-smilie:

bt unit 4 i am soo annoyed, no ratios cam up or marketing model, dat stupid NVP came up calculations

did any1 else feel that there was 2 much commentary in da the case for unit 4 which ended up makin me write in a commentaory way and not businessy, if u get wat i mean

no cpa drawing for the IT question, i got a feelin i messed up, bt i said it would imrpove stock control, so if dey ran out of resources dey cud automatically order supplies, which will be vital if choosign 2 do CPA
Which option did people choose?

I told them to go with supermarkets, for a variety of reasons, although they should be careful because they are so aggressive and if they tailor their IT solutions to one particular supermarket, or a couple, then they are in a bit of trouble if the supermarket demands a decrease in the price they are paying Bill and Joe per unit, and threatens to cancel contracts, which they are known for :redface:
Reply 8
Christian_j
Which option did people choose?

I told them to go with supermarkets, for a variety of reasons, although they should be careful because they are so aggressive and if they tailor their IT solutions to one particular supermarket, or a couple, then they are in a bit of trouble if the supermarket demands a decrease in the price they are paying Bill and Joe per unit, and threatens to cancel contracts, which they are known for :redface:

thats a really good answer. i wish i had time to do that Q.
Reply 9
oh man, i didnt do well in unit 4 :frown:
Reply 10
fizzydizzy
oh man, i didnt do well in unit 4 :frown:

im sure you did better than you think. unit 4 2day was my retake. in jan my brain went blank and not only did i not answer all the questions but the questions i did answer i didnt finish, like one parag for an answer lol and i got a C so im sure you got a C at least.
Reply 11
oh i hope so, fanks monica :smile:
monica7790
thats a really good answer. i wish i had time to do that Q.

Thanks, hopefully it paid off :s-smilie:
I did badly but it was a resit so i got at least a C :smile: I really want more but I just dont see that happening
Reply 14
That paper ruined my life.. It destroyed my confident, I couldn't remember how to work out the labour productivity some stupid nonesense thing. And the net present value was a killer 1 I was struggling to work it out cos I got messed up and didn't know which figure to use to work it out.. the last question I recommanded option B i don't remember wat it was maybe the supermarket.. made some comment on the payback period and the net present value ran out of time and didnt finish the answer.

I was expecting Ratios and Depreciation...............
Reply 15
I got D first time .. yea A big Fat D and I did revise, but the stuff i revised never came up..
Reply 16
I think they should make it a pre-release case study like unit 2, so that We get enough time to study it. waat do u think?
Absolutely, and make the paper 2 hours.

And don't ask questions I don't know the answer to :biggrin:
Reply 18
i found it easy enough just had to skip some of the calculation questions coz of time issues and didt have that much time for last quetion
- just been on aqa website for grade boundaries n an A last time was only about 60%,IS THIS TRUE???
ppl say an A is 80% but i think thts to do with UMS marks
DOES ANYONE KNOW WAT MARK OUT OF 84 WOULD GET AN A??????????
Reply 19
nfletche
i found it easy enough just had to skip some of the calculation questions coz of time issues and didt have that much time for last quetion
- just been on aqa website for grade boundaries n an A last time was only about 60%,IS THIS TRUE???
ppl say an A is 80% but i think thts to do with UMS marks
DOES ANYONE KNOW WAT MARK OUT OF 84 WOULD GET AN A??????????

yes 60% is an A in RAW MARKS so thats 48/84. but it works out as 80% in UMS marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending