The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Online Gaming / Gaming in general at Nottingham

I don't have any computer game consoles right now, but I am probably going to get a Playstation 3 during the summer so was just wondering if it is okay to take to Nottingham in the Autumn. I not that big of a gamer, but would love to have it for the lazy Saturday mornings - would it be really out of place and likely to get stolen?

Also I have quite a lot of friends who play online, so was wondering if it is possible/allowed to play a PS3 online at the university?
Quite a few people have consoles in halls I think :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I had my PS3 in my room at Broadgate Park in the acedemic year just passed, and there were absolutely no problems in terms of it being in danger of being stolen! Obviously leave it in your room and lock your room when you're not in the flat.

In terms of online gaming, it's incredibly hard to get online gaming to work as the University network blocks online gaming. There is a way to bypass this though - it involved using a router, but I couldn't be bothered to go through all the hassle of buying a router and attempting to set it all up! Even PC gaming online is quite difficult - most servers are blocked.

So your best bet would be to have at least two controllers so that you can have offline multiplayer games. :smile:
Reply 3
It's perfectly possible to play across the network, with people who are also in Uni. of Notts halls; there is even a society GameSoc, who host events and the like.
Reply 4
Wow cheers, as soon as the exams are over I'm gunna get a PS3, CoD4, Burnout and MGS4 are sooooooo top of my list!

I think I don't play games enough to get serious and join the society, but thanks for the information.
Reply 5
If you're staying in halls, your hall bar may have a Wii. I lived in Lincoln this year and we had a Wii in the bar which was free to use and often available. Quite a few people have consoles in their rooms and its a good way to make new friends. Just don't shout about it too much or it may get nicked. Hope that helps
Reply 6
In Newark, we had a 'quiet' room, which had a massive tv in it, and people used to take their consoles and hitch it up to that. Also, on occasion, people used to do the same in the JCR and link the two.

Latest

Trending

Trending