Official University of York Applicants Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Are York likely to give out offers early or wait till the deadline? :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

I'm not sure about this, so you'd be best contacting [email protected] as they'll be able to give the best possible answer.

Steph :h:
Reply 22

I’ve got an offer today, so early 🙂
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ta225
I’ve got an offer today, so early 🙂

Yes I got mine yesterday too! What course? :smile:
Reply 24
Yes I got mine yesterday too! What course? :smile:

Biology. What’s yours for?
Original post by ta225
Biology. What’s yours for?

Biochemistry! :smile:
I got an offer 2 days ago for English, so York are definitely on the ball with applications this year :smile:
Biochemistry! :smile:

I got an offer yesterday too for molecular cell biology!
I just applied this Tuesday to university of york to do law and was wondering if the university does interviews for and also when they start sending offers out. Thanks
Daughter has an interview for physics and astronomy end of the month. Good luck to anyone who has interviews here, and congrats to offer holders. York is an amazing place, lovely feel to it and love York city :smile:
Original post by Gina Donaldson
I got an offer yesterday too for molecular cell biology!

Ahhh so exciting! Molecular cell biology looks really interesting too!
result
Original post by Umar0410
I just applied this Tuesday to university of york to do law and was wondering if the university does interviews for and also when they start sending offers out. Thanks

Hi there,

York Law School does conduct formal interviews for applicants in order to explore their suitability for the course. You can find out more about what to expect from the interview in our Interview Guide. Offer dates vary based on the applicant so I'm afraid I can't answer that, but it will depend on the interview dates.

If you have any further questions you can contact [email protected]

Hope this helps!
Name : Ash
Course: Business and Management
Also applying: Southampton, Kings College London, Queen Mary, London and Nottingham
Currently studying: Business, History, Psychology
Questions: Do they give reduced offers and how lenient is York with entry requirements?
Original post by Ashwinee
Name : Ash
Course: Business and Management
Also applying: Southampton, Kings College London, Queen Mary, London and Nottingham
Currently studying: Business, History, Psychology
Questions: Do they give reduced offers and how lenient is York with entry requirements?

Hi Ash,

We do give reduced offers on a contextual basis, you can find out more about that here: http://bit.ly/35BBBYO. For more general information about entry requirements you might find this page useful: http://bit.ly/2MDKWXk. For every applicant we look at the individual as well as the grades, and so it varies between departments. If you have any further questions, you can contact [email protected].

Hope this helps!
Hi,

Do York give offers out before interviews or are offers only sent post interview?? I've been offered an interview but it's hasn't been updated on UCAS yet. I'm applying for maths if this makes any difference
Original post by mimi7167
Hi,

Do York give offers out before interviews or are offers only sent post interview?? I've been offered an interview but it's hasn't been updated on UCAS yet. I'm applying for maths if this makes any difference

Hi there,

This is from the BSc Maths course page:

"We will offer you an interview if you present with a strong school performance and application. The interview is not part of your offer and you do not need to attend, but if you do, your offer could be reduced by one A level grade (or equivalent)."

This suggests that the offer might be made before the interview, but if you contact [email protected] they should be able to tell you more.

Hope this helps!

Good afternoon!

My name's Annabelle, and I've just received a conditional offer from York to study English!

Other Universities I'm Applying to:
- Cambridge
- Durham
- Bristol
- Newcastle

A Level Subjects Studying:
- English Literature (A* Prediction)
- French (A prediction)
- History (A prediction)
- Extended Project Qualification (A* Prediction)

Looking forward to chatting with other applicants!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by University of York
Are you applying to the University of York for 2020 entry? Then welcome to this thread!

This is the place to get to know other applicants and ask for advice during the application process.

We have Open Days on Saturday 14 September and Sunday 15 September 2019 where you can find out a bit about what living and studying at the University of York is really like. You can speak to departments and current students, take a tour of our campus and accommodation, and find out about life beyond your degree.
Book your place now: http://bit.ly/2MuOzkH.

Open Day Sept 2019 Graphic 1.jpg

Let’s get the conversation started...

Name?
Location (optional)?
Course?
Also applying at?
Currently studying?
Any questions about life at York?

Jordan
Campus- Main Site
Accounting, Business finance and management
UEA,SURREY,SOUTHAMPTON,ESSEX
A levels- Economics, English Lit, Psychology
Original post by Calliso
Good afternoon!

My name's Annabelle, and I've just received a conditional offer from York to study English!

Other Universities I'm Applying to:
- Cambridge
- Durham
- Bristol
- Newcastle

A Level Subjects Studying:
- English Literature (A* Prediction)
- French (A prediction)
- History (A prediction)
- Extended Project Qualification (A* Prediction)

Looking forward to chatting with other applicants!

Hi Annabelle!

My name's Mya, and I too received an offer from York, to study English, last week.

I hope you receive more positive results from your other applications as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest