The Student Room Group
University of York
York

university of york

im trying to decide between leeds and york and saw that york doesnt really have a city centre like manchester or leeds. i feel like the mainstream shopping options are very limited, is this true? since i am muslim i was wondering if there are alot of halal options available since york is a prodominently white area? thank you
Original post by nabeeha111
im trying to decide between leeds and york and saw that york doesnt really have a city centre like manchester or leeds. i feel like the mainstream shopping options are very limited, is this true? since i am muslim i was wondering if there are alot of halal options available since york is a prodominently white area? thank you

Hi!

We have an international food and halal store called Makkah International which is about a 10 minute walk from Campus West. We also have this handy web page with more details about supermarkets near campus :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi!
We have an international food and halal store called Makkah International which is about a 10 minute walk from Campus West. We also have this handy web page with more details about supermarkets near campus :smile:

if i accepted the offer for adults nursing would there be a chance for me to go down the childrens nursing route in year 2 or would i have to stick with adult nursing the whole 3 years?
if i accepted the offer for adults nursing would there be a chance for me to go down the childrens nursing route in year 2 or would i have to stick with adult nursing the whole 3 years?

Hi,

I've asked the department and will get back to you when I get a response :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of York
Hi,
I've asked the department and will get back to you when I get a response :smile:

thank youuu
thank youuu

Hi,

This is what I've heard back from the department:

Because of how limited the slots are for child nursing, we don't allow transfers onto the route internally or externally. It's a very high demand course and students don't tend to drop out once they've accepted their place, so in most instances we wouldn't be able to facilitate a transfer regardless.

Adult and Mental Health Nursing open the doors to a wide variety of child specific areas of nursing in the future. If you were to choose an adult or mental health route into nursing, once you have qualified, you would still have career opportunities in many areas that would involve working with children, such as:

Children's wards,

Child and Adolescent Mental Health

School nursing

Special Care Baby Units

Health Visiting

Emergency Department Nursing

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending