The Student Room Group

Official: Hull York Medical School A101 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Welcome to the HYMS A101 (Medicine with a Gateway Year) 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/medicine-with-a-gateway-year

For entry requirements click:
https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/medicine-with-a-gateway-year#academicentryrequirements

For selection procedure click:
https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/applying/selection-procedure

Previous threads:
2020 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022520
2021 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560674
2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109189

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
hi does anyone know what score i get for HYMS with 2320 band 1 i meet 2/3 contextual criteria and i have gcses at
ENGLISH LANG: 7
CHEM: 9
BIO :9
PHYSICS:9
MATHS:8
GEOG: 9
RE: 9
FRENCH:7
ENGLISH LIT:8
URDU:9
Original post by astarsweat
hi does anyone know what score i get for HYMS with 2320 band 1 i meet 2/3 contextual criteria and i have gcses at
ENGLISH LANG: 7
CHEM: 9
BIO :9
PHYSICS:9
MATHS:8
GEOG: 9
RE: 9
FRENCH:7
ENGLISH LIT:8
URDU:9

Okay so from the looks of it you'd be going with 2,320 Band 1 and 99999. You've already got full points for the contextual (which all gateway would get lol) STJ and GCSEs, already bringing you to 60/100 without UCAT included. I can't say anything for sure but if you're applying for gateway you might have a chance, better off giving it a shot than not :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Also @04MR17 I might as well offer to be OP for this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by yippy-yikes
Okay so from the looks of it you'd be going with 2,320 Band 1 and 99999. You've already got full points for the contextual (which all gateway would get lol) STJ and GCSEs, already bringing you to 60/100 without UCAT included. I can't say anything for sure but if you're applying for gateway you might have a chance, better off giving it a shot than not :smile:

Hi wouldn’t I be with 78999 because it includes English language 7 and maths 8. Also what was last years cut off because I can’t seem to find the data online ? And thanks
Original post by yippy-yikes
Also @04MR17 I might as well offer to be OP for this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi, I got BBB UCAT 2390 Band 2 and GCSE 98888. I meet the contextual criteria but I don't live in the area. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview? a response would be much appreciated. thank you.
@yippy-yikes will the contextual score be included when they r scoring our application because I’m seeing the cut off for previous years and it’s around 55 but idk if the contextual score of 15 is taken into account?
@GANFYD hi do you know what cut off for A101 foundation year was for HYMS
?
Hi wouldn’t I be with 78999 because it includes English language 7 and maths 8. Also what was last years cut off because I can’t seem to find the data online ? And thanks

Sorry for the late reply and oh I completely forgot, thank you for noticing! Still your GCSEs are great and you should give it a go, but I would have no idea with your year having inflated GCSE grades how it would affect the cohort

Also I don't think the data for 2022 entry would be allowed to be given out yet, but I can't see any data out there for 2021 entry either on whatdotheyknow unfortunately
@yippy-yikes will the contextual score be included when they r scoring our application because I’m seeing the cut off for previous years and it’s around 55 but idk if the contextual score of 15 is taken into account?

I'd assume that everyone applying for Gateway gets the 15 point because everyone would be a contextual applicant. Whether or not it's taken it account it looks like it makes no difference, but that is a complete guess though!
This forum is so inactive compared to last year.
Original post by Kunta Kinte 786
This forum is so inactive compared to last year.

Hopefully less applicants🤞
Hi, I got 2290 and band 3 in the ucat 😅😬Predicted - ABB
Gcses- 88776665
I meet the contextual dataDo you think I have a shot?
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone got any update on interview call from HYMS? I am an international student and was told first will be for international students
Original post by Ayushbal
Anyone got any update on interview call from HYMS? I am an international student and was told first will be for international students

I believe international interviews will be held in December so you should hear from them by the start of Dec :smile:
Does anyone know what dates the interviews are being held, and whether we can choose the dates ourselves or they're allocated for us.
Should we hear about interviews soon? I saw some rejections on last years thread on the 2nd of December which is tomorrow.
yes, I emailed them and they responded with this:
We will be sending interview invitations mostly within the first week or so of December it could be slightly sooner, but you should hear back from us with a decision one way or the other by that time. If invited for interview, we would typically assign a particular date; for A101, these will be in January and early February.
Original post by BCGscience
Should we hear about interviews soon? I saw some rejections on last years thread on the 2nd of December which is tomorrow.
Original post by Kunta Kinte 786
yes, I emailed them and they responded with this:
We will be sending interview invitations mostly within the first week or so of December it could be slightly sooner, but you should hear back from us with a decision one way or the other by that time. If invited for interview, we would typically assign a particular date; for A101, these will be in January and early February.

Thanks! So we could hear back today or tomorrow?
yes I believe so
Original post by BCGscience
Thanks! So we could hear back today or tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending