University of York
York

Official University of York Applicants Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

are there interviews for psychology?
University of York
York
Reply 41
I just got an interview for theoretical physics in November! So exited for it!
I’m Anna.
Applying for natural sciences (integrated masters).
Also applying to Bath, Lancaster and UEA.
Just got A*A* in biology and chemistry this summer and now I’m doing maths in a year (hoping to get an A).
How many applicants get interviews for natsci at York and when are they?
Original post by ephemeral02

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware they don't interview applicants but you'd be best emailing [email protected] to double check.

Hope this helps!
Steph:h:
Original post by itsachemystery
I’m Anna.
Applying for natural sciences (integrated masters).
Also applying to Bath, Lancaster and UEA.
Just got A*A* in biology and chemistry this summer and now I’m doing maths in a year (hoping to get an A).
How many applicants get interviews for natsci at York and when are they?

Hi Anna,

The interviews for Natural Sciences take place between October and March, and you can find more information about them on our Natural Sciences FAQ page. If you have any more questions you can contact [email protected] or [email protected].

Hope this helps!
Steph :h:
Rachael
English (received an offer <3)
Oxford, Lancaster, Reading and Surrey
English lit, History, Philosophy
I fell in love when I visited York. Everything about it was so me :smile:

I’ve been asked for a copy of my epq certificate, but they don’t come out until November. The only thing I have is the copy of my results, but that’s not the official certificate - is this okay? It says my name, School, candidate number etc. I received an offer during the week and I don’t want to take too long to reply
Name? Alice
Course? Global Development
Also applying at? Reading, Leeds, Birmingham & Warwick
Currently studying? Politics, geography & computing
Any questions about life at York? Is it easy to get a job in the area?
Original post by rachaellouwhite
Rachael
English (received an offer <3)
Oxford, Lancaster, Reading and Surrey
English lit, History, Philosophy
I fell in love when I visited York. Everything about it was so me :smile:

I’ve been asked for a copy of my epq certificate, but they don’t come out until November. The only thing I have is the copy of my results, but that’s not the official certificate - is this okay? It says my name, School, candidate number etc. I received an offer during the week and I don’t want to take too long to reply

Hi Rachael,

If you contact Admissions at [email protected] or +44 (0)1904 32 4000 they should be able to tell you exactly what you need and whether the copy of your results will be alright.

Hope this helps!
Original post by alice0502
Name? Alice
Course? Global Development
Also applying at? Reading, Leeds, Birmingham & Warwick
Currently studying? Politics, geography & computing
Any questions about life at York? Is it easy to get a job in the area?

Hi Alice,

There are quite a lot of jobs in the area and the University also offers jobs and placements exclusive to York students through the Careers Gateway, and plenty of helpful information about working while you study. There's also job opportunities on campus through the Students' Union (YUSU) such as bar and catering work.

Hope this helps!

I don’t think so because I got my offer for psychology today with no interview x
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think so because I got my offer for psychology today with no interview x

thanks, and me too :smile:
Hi!! I’m going to be at York in 2020 but I’m on my gap year right now so I already have and have accepted my place for Linguistics but I’ll be arriving the same time as everyone here! I know this isn’t fully the purpose of the thread but if anyone wants to get to know each other, it’d be lovely to know people by the time we arrive! 💛
thanks, and me too :smile:

Awh yay, congrats! Don't know why I was on anonymous!
Original post by Emily_5410
Hi!! I’m going to be at York in 2020 but I’m on my gap year right now so I already have and have accepted my place for Linguistics but I’ll be arriving the same time as everyone here! I know this isn’t fully the purpose of the thread but if anyone wants to get to know each other, it’d be lovely to know people by the time we arrive! 💛

Im not 100% about York just waiting for my offers from all the universities etc, but I’d love this! x
Original post by strugglingkid
Awh yay, congrats! Don't know why I was on anonymous!

haha congrats to you too!

Same here! I’m on my gap year too and have deferred my entry for Psychology so would be great to chat to you/ anyone else☺️
Original post by hannahgeo123
Same here! I’m on my gap year too and have deferred my entry for Psychology so would be great to chat to you/ anyone else☺️

Hey, Im not 100% about York yet but I got an offer for Psychology a couple days ago- would love to talk to you! :smile:) x
Original post by strugglingkid
Hey, Im not 100% about York yet but I got an offer for Psychology a couple days ago- would love to talk to you! :smile:) x

Yay hello - feel free to message me if you have any questions as I’ve obviously been through the whole application and visit day process! Where else did you apply?
I’m the same as above! I’ve been through the whole application process so any questions just let me know :smile:

Hi Emily! I sent in my application today for Linguistics with French and York is my first choice, so if all goes well we could be studying in the Linguistics department together! ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest