The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't get the job! :eek: I'm hoping it was because it started on the Monday and I applied on the Friday before (got my rejection Tuesday, which suggests they got my application too late?). Also, it was outside of London, a 90minute commute each way, perhaps they noticed my address on my CV - but I would've been prepared to travel! :mad:

:frown:
EskimoJo
I didn't get the job! :eek: I'm hoping it was because it started on the Monday and I applied on the Friday before (got my rejection Tuesday, which suggests they got my application too late?). Also, it was outside of London, a 90minute commute each way, perhaps they noticed my address on my CV - but I would've been prepared to travel! :mad:

It was a bit fondly to expect to get an offer from the first job you apply to especially if you have no experience at all
Reply 22
UAG
It was a bit fondly to expect to get an offer from the first job you apply to especially if you have no experience at all

It's not the first job I've applied to...and I worked for 4 years before Uni, albeit not envelope stuffing. The specific requirements/questions were a) can you work on the dates posted and b) will you be able to come to the centre, and it's ENVELOPE STUFFING!! So I didn't have much reasons NOT to expect an offer.
Reply 23
Is it as easy as it sounds? Yes.

Is it as boring as it sounds? Oh god yes.

They love students to do it though because it's easy work for easy money. God you'll be bored after an hour or so but if you want a quick bit of cash for holiday spending money or whatever then it's worth it.
kpg
Is it as easy as it sounds? Yes.

Is it as boring as it sounds? Oh god yes.

They love students to do it though because it's easy work for easy money. God you'll be bored after an hour or so but if you want a quick bit of cash for holiday spending money or whatever then it's worth it.

Is that sarcasm?
She didnt get that job lol
EskimoJo
It's not the first job I've applied to...and I worked for 4 years before Uni, albeit not envelope stuffing. The specific requirements/questions were a) can you work on the dates posted and b) will you be able to come to the centre, and it's ENVELOPE STUFFING!! So I didn't have much reasons NOT to expect an offer.

Maybe they though you are too good for it
Why dont you try something more challenging where you wont have to compete with millloins of gcse students?
Reply 26
UAG
Maybe they though you are too good for it
Why dont you try something more challenging where you wont have to compete with millloins of gcse students?

Sounds big-headed, but I am too good for the job. It needs very few skills and I'd like to think I have some skills (more than they need anyway) at my disposal! :cool: I understand companies not wanting staff that are over-qualified sometimes, but it was only for a week, not long enough to be stressing about loyalty surely?!

Any job will do at the moment! I can't afford to be picky. And a boring job might have less competition! Oh well! :frown:

UAG
Is that sarcasm?
She didnt get that job lol

Not everyone scrolls down! It's cool, I'll use the info for later if needed again. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending