The Student Room Group

Stuck on A2 RS/Philosophy - Any tips from people who have sat the exam?

This is the question ive got for homework- , “Stories about miracles are an obstacle to faith for modern people”

1)How do i answer the question , can i talk about anything?

2)How much should be AO2/AO1,

3)Do OCR have a markscheme with specific information which i have to include?Or can i drift of and talk about anything.

Im used to doing the AS questions which are split into A/ and B/ parts .
Reply 1
bit early to worry about it? Re's easy you should be fine

I did Re on edexcel so I prob can't help too much, just talk a lot and name a few philosophers
trey
bit early to worry about it? Re's easy you should be fine

I did Re on edexcel so I prob can't help too much, just talk a lot and name a few philosophers

I have to hand it in next week , as soon as i finished AS i started A2
Reply 3
hand what in coursework?
trey
hand what in coursework?

Essay question for homework , over the year we have to answer 14 questions for homework they do not affect the final grade. But if you dont do them you cant sit the exam.
Reply 5
okay talk about miracles such as the ones in the bible not appearing to occur in modern times leadign people to question them. Talk about other reasons for not believing in miracles such as coincedence, scientific reasoning behind certain miracles.

Maybe throw in some facts and figures (you don't need to) for example: Lourdes is a pilgrimage site for Catholics because you are supposed to be healed of illness there aka a miracle. However, for all the 150 years people have been going to Lourdes only 66 miracles have been accounted for. Approximately 80,000 people go there each year. 66 out of 1.2 million people is not that miraculous is it? Plus all of these "miracles" could have happened anyway, it wasn't like someone grew back a limb or something.

Some people pray for miracles to happen and they don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending