The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

why does Strathclyde has the worst reputation?

hello guys, i would like to know more about the business of school of Strathclyde. i read mix reviews here on the website and really want to know more about the school.
Original post by leftchr
hello guys, i would like to know more about the business of school of Strathclyde. i read mix reviews here on the website and really want to know more about the school.

Morning! I hope you had a lovely weekend. If you would be looking to find out more about the Business School's rankings then please have a look on our website here - https://www.strath.ac.uk/business/accreditations/rankings/. We're really proud of all of our achievements and I hope that this helps you with your decision making.

Karen Robley
Strathclyde University Official Rep.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Looks like somebody (strathy) is blowing their own trumpets. I have completed two degrees at the University, and I could indicate that ANY OTHER University would be a better place to do some "useful learning". When I was at this uni, as an Engineering student, I had coursework like plan a Christmas Party, using their own developed software for energy modelling rather than industry-recognised software (because it's cheaper, or technically free), etc. Also, one thing that the rankings don't say is that most lecturers are so arrogant that they won't provide feedback on your coursework, but simply provide a random score - there is no way to find out how they came to a conclusion on that grade; Lecturers don't respond to course-related queries either. To get a response, I had to involve the Head of Department and Course leaders.
I just accepted an offer from them for SE. Now reading all these bad reviews I'm really scared. Turned down 3 other offer because I thought Strath wouldve been best
Original post by TheTigerLatte
I just accepted an offer from them for SE. Now reading all these bad reviews I'm really scared. Turned down 3 other offer because I thought Strath wouldve been best

I am in my first year of a Mechanical Engineering degree and loving it. I have a couple of family members who have also recently completed their degrees/masters at Strathclyde (Civil Engineer and Physics), one is now doing their PhD there and both strongly recommended the Uni to me.

Every uni will have some students that didn't have the experience they wanted or expected. Strathclyde would not have such a good reputation if there were widespread issues.
Maybe they buy awards with all the money they get from international students, who come there to study, but don't have the uni deliver them "useful learning"? Just a thought 🤔
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending