The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Which university is best/better for msc business management/sustainable business

Hi Im 4th year thai chemical engineering student and i have a plan to go study in postgraduate course in UK this september.
I’m interested in business and sustainability/environment. So I think Msc in sustainable business management or something similar to this will be my target
I’m choosing between Bath,Manchester,Strathclyde,Edinburgh (But I’m a bit lean to Bath and manchester)
My consideration based on (living expense,safety,location)
In my opinion about Bath I have heard that ti is a beautiful place but also quiet at night .meanwhile Manchester is a city uni that has everything that you need.
I’m worried that Bath will be too boring for me for a one year study and those rumor about racism. But i have been to norwich for a month and I think its kind a good town even its defined as a quiet town.(seem like it still in the handled level for me)
1.Is Bath quieter than Norwich? Or as same as? 2. Which uni that you guy think is better in business+sustainability? 3.Bath or Manchester for you?
Bath is a dead town at night
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Compare to norwich?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Bath has multiple nightclubs and pubs and I have friends at Bath uni who go out on the regulär, it’s all about what you make of it. It’s also only a 10 minute train ride to Bristol or 40 minute bus for other nightlife and activities. There’s always taxis too for a fair fee.

Make your decision based on the course and what you will enjoy best OP, as you’re there for a year only. It’ll be worth seeing a new location for some time regardless!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2

Bath has multiple nightclubs and pubs and I have friends at Bath uni who go out on the regulär, it’s all about what you make of it. It’s also only a 10 minute train ride to Bristol or 40 minute bus for other nightlife and activities. There’s always taxis too for a fair fee.

Make your decision based on the course and what you will enjoy best OP, as you’re there for a year only. It’ll be worth seeing a new location for some time regardless!

What about the reputation of business school of it compare to Bath? I just want to know the real perspective of native because I think ranking sometime can be overrated
Reply 5
Original post by PondKub
Original post by Anonymous #2

What about the reputation of business school of it compare to Bath? I just want to know the real perspective of native because I think ranking sometime can be overrated

Ops I mean compare to Manchester
The top university for global sustainable development & Business is University of Warwick. Is there any reason why you didn't apply there as it seems you have the grades for it? Both Warwick & Bath have the best Business schools.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3
The top university for global sustainable development & Business is University of Warwick. Is there any reason why you didn't apply there as it seems you have the grades for it? Both Warwick & Bath have the best Business schools.

I just dont know how find the sustainable business course ranking.Where can i find?
Original post by PondKub
Hi Im 4th year thai chemical engineering student and i have a plan to go study in postgraduate course in UK this september.
I’m interested in business and sustainability/environment. So I think Msc in sustainable business management or something similar to this will be my target
I’m choosing between Bath,Manchester,Strathclyde,Edinburgh (But I’m a bit lean to Bath and manchester)
My consideration based on (living expense,safety,location)
In my opinion about Bath I have heard that ti is a beautiful place but also quiet at night .meanwhile Manchester is a city uni that has everything that you need.
I’m worried that Bath will be too boring for me for a one year study and those rumor about racism. But i have been to norwich for a month and I think its kind a good town even its defined as a quiet town.(seem like it still in the handled level for me)
1.Is Bath quieter than Norwich? Or as same as? 2. Which uni that you guy think is better in business+sustainability? 3.Bath or Manchester for you?

you're only there for one year. Bath has some bars and some campus life so don't let stupid reasons stop you from going to the best option for your course if that is the case, although Manchester and Edinburgh both have good reputations
Hi there,

Choosing a uni is always a hard decision, I can give you some information about Bath to help you.

For your considerations:

living expense - Bath is known for being on the higher end of living expenses, however there are options for cheaper student housing, cheaper stores such as Lidl, and can be managed with a good budget. In addition, the university offers lots of financial aid options and advice to help you whenever you need.

safety - Bath is a very safe city, crime is rare and as a young female, I have always felt safe walking home alone even at night. The university also offers 24 hour security, which extends into the city if you should need to call or to alert on the safezone app.

location - this would depend on in what relation you mean. Bath is close to multiple big cities, including Bristol (10 mins by train) which has its own airport (1 hour bus from bath), and London. Bath is only around 1 hour and 20 from London, with many trains and coaches everyday.

nightlife - Bath does have reputation for being a quieter town, however there is always a club, party or student night to attend. There are multiple clubs throughout bath which offer their own themed/discount nights and the university itself offers club nights on campus for example SCORE which is where the sports students attend. Furthermore, Bristol is only 10 minutes on the train and has night buses running until 4am, so if you wanted a bigger city night out, it is possible and easy to achieve.

racism - This is a tricky topic to put a definitive answer on. Everybody will have their own experience which diminishes no one else's. However, as someone who is mixed race, I can say that my experience has been generally positive and accepting and wouldn't argue that Bath has a racist reputation. Bath uni offers lots of different cultural societies to join so you can meet people both from your own culture and share in others.

course - I would recommend having a look on the websites at the modules offered by both unis and see if any call out to you. Furthermore, Bath has excellent rankings on its course and a very strong focus into sustainability - both in its courses and through its charity work.

Good luck making your decision!

Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest