The Student Room Group

Which is better? Univeristy of reading or strathclyde?

I applied for both and got offers from both, I would like to know which university has a good "weight" or impressive "reputation".
I also wanna know what the student lifestyle is like there, the activities, if its populated with clubs or not, shops, halal food places , mosques and generally the community, the people you find, whether most are international or not , where are most international students from, any Arabs, racism and what it is like to live there in general, the campus , the facilities etc etc.
I applied for psychology so if you know anyone who takes psych there , tell me your opinion on which is better or what its like.
Hello,

Sorry you haven't had a reply yet. I've moved your thread to uni life and I'm bumping it in the hopes someone will find this and answer you!
Reading has a bit better rep and a beautiful campus, people I know who have been absolutely love it, clubbing is fun, the student village is very friendly and fun, there’s lots to see and do in the area! It’s quite multicultural from what i’ve heard! I hope this helps a little bit as i’m unable to answer all your questions! :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you!
Original post by LUJAINGAD
I applied for both and got offers from both, I would like to know which university has a good "weight" or impressive "reputation".
I also wanna know what the student lifestyle is like there, the activities, if its populated with clubs or not, shops, halal food places , mosques and generally the community, the people you find, whether most are international or not , where are most international students from, any Arabs, racism and what it is like to live there in general, the campus , the facilities etc etc.
I applied for psychology so if you know anyone who takes psych there , tell me your opinion on which is better or what its like.
Hi @LUJAINGAD :smile: Congrats on your offers! Pleased you're considering studying at Strathclyde!

For us we're based in Glasgow which is Scotland's largest city so there's lots on offer as far as student life goes. There's definitely a vibrant nightlife, and we're very well known for our retail and shopping too. We're a campus university and are also a city centre campus - so you have a good balance between a campus university and a great city right on your doorstep. We're home to SUMSA (Strathclyde University Muslim Students Association) which are a really engaged association here. Maybe sending them an email [email protected] would be useful in answering some of your questions too? :biggrin:

Have you had a chance to visit both of the campuses yet? If not then if you can do that either at a virtual event/on campus event that'll hopefully give you a good feel for what it's like to be a student at both. Maybe creating a pros and cons list based around your above points could help? Is it Undergraduate or Postgraduate study you're pursuing? :smile:

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending