The Student Room Group

BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology Applicants 2020

@Puddles the Monkey
This is the official thread for BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology Applicants 2020

I hope this thread helps as an ice breaker :smile:

Name:
Entry Requirements:
Predicted Grades:
GCSE Grades:
Currently Studying:
A career you want to go into:

copy and past the points and just add your responses next to them

So I'll start first

Name: Zainab
University Choices: University of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool Hope University, Edge Hill University
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi everyone :biggrin:

If anyone has any questions about Liverpool Hope University, the course or university life in general please feel free to ask us.

Amy :shakehand:
Reply 2
Hi I'm looking at studying Criminology too

University Choices: Durham, York, Bristol, Manchester and undecided on the final one.
Entry Requirements: AAB - BBC (lowered due to a special entry pathway I took part in over the summer)
Predicted Grades: Dist* A* A A (although personally more likely to be a B for the last one)
GCSE Grades: 888877666AC Dist* Dist (did a mix of qualifications as some were still on the old spec for further maths and graphics)
Current Subjects: Btec law, Level 3 Criminology, Politics and English Literature

Nice to meet you! :smile:
Original post by Namakii
Hi I'm looking at studying Criminology too

University Choices: Durham, York, Bristol, Manchester and undecided on the final one.
Entry Requirements: AAB - BBC (lowered due to a special entry pathway I took part in over the summer)
Predicted Grades: Dist* A* A A (although personally more likely to be a B for the last one)
GCSE Grades: 888877666AC Dist* Dist (did a mix of qualifications as some were still on the old spec for further maths and graphics)
Current Subjects: Btec law, Level 3 Criminology, Politics and English Literature

Nice to meet you! :smile:

Hey, nice to meet you, your grades are so good (I’m jealous 🤣), well done. What was the special entry pathway you took part in over summer?
Reply 4
Original post by adviceisallineed
Hey, nice to meet you, your grades are so good (I’m jealous 🤣), well done. What was the special entry pathway you took part in over summer?

Aha thank you :h: and it was with Durham University it was a supported progression pathway - we had to do residential with the university and took part in university style lectures to give us a taste of the work and then at the end of week on the second residential we had to complete a group presentation with 2 others which was assessed by the lecturer (was so nervous it was unreal XD). Essentially it was similar to the Sutton Trust program I think
Original post by Namakii
Aha thank you :h: and it was with Durham University it was a supported progression pathway - we had to do residential with the university and took part in university style lectures to give us a taste of the work and then at the end of week on the second residential we had to complete a group presentation with 2 others which was assessed by the lecturer (was so nervous it was unreal XD). Essentially it was similar to the Sutton Trust program I think

Ooo that seems quite interesting, have you thought about what you want to do after the degree?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Ooo that seems quite interesting, have you thought about what you want to do after the degree?

Personally I quite liked the idea of the police or personal security services, what about you?
Original post by Namakii
Personally I quite liked the idea of the police or personal security services, what about you?

I want to do something crime related, but sometimes I reconsider the idea of a police officer. It is an amazing job, I’m just a really scared person 😂 do you get what I mean lol, also what’s your name lol?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ellamedimurphy
Hi, I've applied to do sociology :smile:

Name: Ella
University Choices: Durham, York, Bath, Warwick and Sheffield
Entry Requirements: AAB-BBB
Predicted Grades: AAA (already achieved a B in a level English lit)
GCSE Grades: 6A's 5B's
Currently Studying: Sociology, Maths, English lit (resitting to try for an A)
A career you want to go into: I have no idea tbh I just know that I love the subject and there's so much I could do with it :smile:

Hey Ella, I also have no idea about what I want to do lol, I just want to do something where I’m able to help people. I’m really interested in Criminology & Sociology, but then sometimes I worry, because I don’t know what I want to do afterwards, but my dad said do the degree you’re interested in and as you go through uni, you’ll find a lot career opportunities
Reply 9
Hey Ella, I also have no idea about what I want to do lol, I just want to do something where I’m able to help people. I’m really interested in Criminology & Sociology, but then sometimes I worry, because I don’t know what I want to do afterwards, but my dad said do the degree you’re interested in and as you go through uni, you’ll find a lot career opportunities

Ahhh that's a pretty similar reason to me. I think it's better to do a degree that you know you will enjoy rather than doing one you know you wont like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending