The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

good books n e 1?

hey guys,
ok well i've just won some money from my school but the thing is i have to spend it on books!

I'm pretty stuck on what to get as there is soo many to choose from. I was first thinking a cook book might help me out in uni...but then i thought maybe a biography might be an interesting read (eg. the Hilary Clinton one)....but then maybe i should get something on law as that is what i'll be readin at uni.

So does any one know of any book that would be a worthy purchase? Maybe a law book that you used ALOT during your first year?

Thanks y'all...and if you think i should get some thing else (eg. a good fiction book you enjoyed) i wanna hear from you too.
i won some book tokens from school too and i bought "Law's Empire" by Ronald Dworkin-about Jurisprudence and is interesting and suprisingly readable. Also, judging from its many appearances on reading lists, "Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams (in its 12th edition now) is useful. im reading it at the moment and its not too difficult although kinda boring at times

a good fiction book would be "the Da Vinci Code" as im sure anyone who has read it would agree!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Latest