The Student Room Group

Topic ideas for HND business graded unit report

Help!!!!, I am completely stuck for an idea for my report for my graded unit.

The outline for the report is to investigate an issue affecting the business of your choice. The investigation chosen should be directly related to the topics, concepts and models studied in the core units of HND Business. The issue investigated must relate to the way in which the business meets the needs of its internal and/ or external customers. There must be between 4 & 5 objectives that link to the main topic.

I had originally thought of doing it on "Changes within the Charity Retail Sector" and looking at some of the following objectives.

1. The impact of advancements in technology (epos tills, contactless payments).
2. The impact of social media

3. Customer initiatives (loyalty cards, gift aid).

4. Social changes (difficult to find younger volunteers).

5. The impact of an economic boom/recession on the standard of donations.

6. Changes in management (how the management style has changed). (for an individual charity shop).

But it apparently needs to be for a specific company, and I think the objectives are too varied as well.

The development stage has to be between 2500-4000 words so it needs to be something that can get a decent amount of information on.

I had thought of sticking with the Charity Retail Sector but selecting a specific organisation such as The Red Cross, but not sure what issues and objectives I could use, or if I used one of the ones I mentioned if I could get enough information.
I'm thinking that the impact in technology might be a good one but not sure what objectives I would use
Reply 2
I'm a year too late but I am now in this very position. Any tips on choosing a subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending