The Student Room Group

Illustrated Report Help?!

I'm currently doing an Access To Higher Education Course via LearnDirect and I'm struggling with my Illustrated Report on Cell Biology. Has anyone completed this assignment and found anything, in particular, to be helpful/useful?

I feel like there's SO much information to cover, and I want to do well in this assignment so I need to be as detailed as possible and there are so many difficult concepts to try and explain. Is it bad if I use Khan Academy and try to rephrase a lot of it in my own words?

I don't want to plagiarize! But I'm so stressed about this assignment AND the virus. My stress levels are so high. :-(

Scroll to see replies

I’ve already completed that assignment, got a distinction but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same one. Message me and I’ll try my best to help. Good luck!

EDIT: Please don't message me turns out its not the same assignment thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
hey lovely, sorry to jump on too! but could i ask about it too?
Reply 3
Original post by sjj98
hey lovely, sorry to jump on too! but could i ask about it too?

Yes! I finished the assignment and could probably help you now. Are you doing the access course also?
Reply 4
Hi, I’m struggling with this report, I’ve had my draft marked and basically I have to add more detail in two areas which I understand as it’s so hard to condense it i probably cut out too much. The other areas were ok to submit so ideally don’t want to change them but I’m up to the maximum 4,000 words!! Really struggling
Hello I’m also doing this course and struggling a bit with this assignment. Has anyone got any pointers on where to start?Thanks :smile:
Hello peopleI am currently doing unit 5 which is the plan to the unit 5 illustrated report on cell biology.In the study materials it explains how many words should be in which section - but that is based on a 2000 word report. I need to do 4000.Do I literally just double each section? Or should the introduction still be the same and just put more in the findings? Thanks for any help
Hey I’m also doing this course! Could I please have some help with this?
Original post by MayaRich
Yes! I finished the assignment and could probably help you now. Are you doing the access course also?

Hi! Could you possibly let me know how you went about the conclusion and the recommendation part of the essay? Have done all my research and wrote it up but am struggling now with those two things at the end. I'm also struggling with what's included in an Appendix? I haven't quoted or paraphrased in my work but have obviously used online images which have been cited and reference properly but am unsure what I'd need to include in an appendix? Thanks xx
Reply 9
Following I am also currently doing this unit for learndirect... I am at 4000 words without the intro, conclusion and recommendations (!)

What did you guys use for the subtitles? Just go with the ones for section 1, 2 and 3?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sjvc
Following I am also currently doing this unit for learndirect... I am at 4000 words without the intro, conclusion and recommendations (!)

What did you guys use for the subtitles? Just go with the ones for section 1, 2 and 3?

Im at 3,200 so have plenty for my conclusion and recommendation. I did a main heading for each of the 3 sections and then I did sub heading in each of the 3 main sections when I discussed specific topics.
Hi, how did you write your evaluation? I’m really struggling and have no idea how to even start it 🙈 I’m also at 4,300 words and haven’t even written the evaluation yet and I’m struggling with cutting the words down any more
I actually have been so stressed with this assessment! I just feel I am re writing all of the learning material. Have thought about throwing in the towel a few times! But I have also learnt so much and am amazed by what’s cells do. Just have no idea how to write it! Am on the last section now. Also I feel I have spoke about subjects before in the report!
Original post by bimbibap
I’ve already completed that assignment, got a distinction but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same one. Message me and I’ll try my best to help. Good luck!

Hi, i wondered if you could guide me in what to do please. I have no idea where to start.
Original post by nurseyem82
Hi, i wondered if you could guide me in what to do please. I have no idea where to start.

tell me more
Reply 15
Hi, I'm on the same course. I have completed the main body of the assignment but oh boy, I'm so confused with putting together the references list, Bibliography and appendices. Does anyone have a example of how to put these three sections down?
Original post by tinygirl96
tell me more

Im unsure how to do the layout, the timeline especially. I know how to answer the questions however, Im unsure how to lay it all out on a poster style.
Reply 17
Hi..I'm currently handling unit 17. Its been a hectic journey. I'll be glad to help you with it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Felio
Hi..I'm currently handling unit 17. Its been a hectic journey. I'll be glad to help you with it.

How many words did you write for each section? I was going to do 500 for each 4 sections. Well done on progressing.
Hello I've just submitted my assignment and I didn't do the evaluation I simply did what it asked me too.... I covered all the information and criteria it wanted...now I'm worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending