The Student Room Group

How do I revise for business a levels?

I have no notes so how do I learn/revise business in 5 months
Reply 1
Past papers!!
Reply 2
hello :smile:

I received a teacher assessed grade of a B in summer 2021 for Edexcel A Level Busines , I resat in autumn and achieved an A*.

constantly check the spec, the textbooks can be very wordy and have info you don't even need. the spec tells you everything you DO need to know.

read the examiners reports because they show examples of A* answers from students. made a sheet with all the formulas and LEARN them.

do past papers in timed conditions, work on your evaluation and analytical techniques. USE EVIDENCE from the case study.

5 months is more than enough time, I started revising 2-3 weeks before the exam and got an A*, its all about being efficient in terms of what you learn, if you streamline your notes using the spec you cut out half the textbook and all the excess nonsense they like to include.

to quickly learn the content I used the Feynmans Technique, i.e. I would make a set of notes on a topic and then I'd read my notes out loud/ pretend to teach them to someone. I repeated this so much that the few days before my exams, I just had to look at the first few words on my page and I could remember all the points on the topic, e.g. Hard HR management strategies VS Soft HR management strategies.

I tried flashcards and they didn't really work for me. There's a lot of keywords in business and i felt too overwhelmed with all the flashcards and it felt more tiring to revise using them, whereas teaching my notes out loud almost didn't feel like work for me. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Hi Aliaa03, I'm in year 12 and I have 17 days till my end of year business exam. Do you think you could help with some advice as I am trying to get a B hopefully. I do Business AQA.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MajorSour
Hi Aliaa03, I'm in year 12 and I have 17 days till my end of year business exam. Do you think you could help with some advice as I am trying to get a B hopefully. I do Business AQA.

hey ! yes sure anything i’m particular you need help with ?
I agree with the exam report part because exam technique is everything as soon as I nailed the 10/12/20 marker technique I went from a B in my year 12 exams to an A* in my mocks
Original post by aliaa03
hello :smile:

I received a teacher assessed grade of a B in summer 2021 for Edexcel A Level Busines , I resat in autumn and achieved an A*.

constantly check the spec, the textbooks can be very wordy and have info you don't even need. the spec tells you everything you DO need to know.

read the examiners reports because they show examples of A* answers from students. made a sheet with all the formulas and LEARN them.

do past papers in timed conditions, work on your evaluation and analytical techniques. USE EVIDENCE from the case study.

5 months is more than enough time, I started revising 2-3 weeks before the exam and got an A*, its all about being efficient in terms of what you learn, if you streamline your notes using the spec you cut out half the textbook and all the excess nonsense they like to include.

to quickly learn the content I used the Feynmans Technique, i.e. I would make a set of notes on a topic and then I'd read my notes out loud/ pretend to teach them to someone. I repeated this so much that the few days before my exams, I just had to look at the first few words on my page and I could remember all the points on the topic, e.g. Hard HR management strategies VS Soft HR management strategies.

I tried flashcards and they didn't really work for me. There's a lot of keywords in business and i felt too overwhelmed with all the flashcards and it felt more tiring to revise using them, whereas teaching my notes out loud almost didn't feel like work for me. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by aliaa03

Yeah could you suggest a plan of action for me. So that by the end of the 17 days I can be prepared? Like a plan for me to follow
Reply 7
Original post by aliaa03

If you still have your flashcards for unit 1-6 do you think I could see them please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending