The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont understand how people can find The Ring scary. I havent even watched it all the way through, I find it that boring, plus the acting is utter crap. I think the concept has potential but it was filmed in the wrong way. The Others is really good for one of those films with a twist at the end but its more of a thriller than truly scary. The Descent is much more gory and makes you jumpy. Really good cinematography too :smile:
The Descent would have been so much better if they had not shown the Crawlers! It was spine-tingling until that revealing bit. Once we knew what was chasing them it kind of got a little predictable. Still a good flick though.
Reply 22
I watched the Others when I was about 12 and scared me to death.It's just so tense. Watched the Ring last week and it scared the **** outta me.The Descent made me laugh but it was quite gory and I did have to close my eyes at some point due to too much blood.

You can't really compare them since they are very different films but I'd probably rate them as:

1.The Ring
2.The Others
3.The Descent

I'm sure the Others would still terrify me if I watched it now:P

Latest