The Student Room Group

Barbie movie thoughts

Anyone seen it yet? What did u think
Original post by ebyrne2036

I thought it came out on the 21st July?
Didn't think it came out until July, but it's on my list of films to see in 2023 :thumbsup:

According to the trailers, Barbie looks like a cheesy and cheapy GCI film.

Original post by Chronoscope
Didn't think it came out until July, but it's on my list of films to see in 2023 :thumbsup:

Never thought it is your money worth to spend it.
Oh I thought it was our already my bad haha I probably won’t c it anyway
Reply 5
Hari nef ruined it for me
I went to see it, I loved it
Going to c it next week for my friends bday. Not sure abut it lol
have loved all of greta gerwig's movies so far and barbie was honestly an incredible movie. very well made, loved all of the cast, the writing, the messages... you can tell how much care went into the film.
Loved it! :danceboy: the screen I was in, the room was extremely full (definitely worth booking tickets in advance). Definitely not for kids - most people were probably 16+ and adults even though it was a 12A (I saw a 2pm viewing). Don't think I've seen the cinema so full since Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows.
A few of the scenes were very emotional and a few people in the cinema were crying :smile: :hide:

One of the songs i'm obsessed with

Spoiler

Decided against the double bill of Barbenheimer on the same day, but might see Oppenheimer later in the week :tongue:
(edited 8 months ago)
I saw it yesterday. It was a easy watch but low-key confusing at points..
Reply 11
Stereotypical, played out " girl empowerment" storyline we've seen a million times.

Ryan Gosselin is so fine though. He did so good.
(edited 8 months ago)
I watched it yesterday and surprised myself by absolutely loving it. As a politics nerd with some strong opinions about gender equality, I loved it and I loved the message about how we need true equality - neither gender should hold more power than the other.
Original post by harpermlr
I had higher expectations for this

... you did? Why? :tongue:
extremely overrated, I expected much better from reviews but its nice to see the meaning getting more recognition.

rubbish. Down With Love 2003 is way better and way more ahead of its time than Barbie. Barbie also plagiarised Down With Love so

Quick Reply

Latest