The Student Room Group

Down With Love (2003) - better than Barbie!!!

Down With Love is a better movie, much better premise, better actors, it's so fun and amazing. I cannot stop thinking about it! It deserves retrospective Oscars. it was ahead of its time unlike Barbie
Reply 1
Original post by stmkcltrs
Down With Love is a better movie, much better premise, better actors, it's so fun and amazing. I cannot stop thinking about it! It deserves retrospective Oscars. it was ahead of its time unlike Barbie

yes it is girl eee
Reply 2
How is it ahead of its time? It's actually a pastiche of the 1960s comedies starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
How is it ahead of its time? It's actually a pastiche of the 1960s comedies starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson.
but it explicitly uplifted women and called out men and presented them in a negative light. i doubt the 1960s comedies did that
Reply 4
but it explicitly uplifted women and called out men and presented them in a negative light. i doubt the 1960s comedies did that
Actually, they did. Sassy females and bumbling males were a thing years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest