The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

chichester Uni audition

Hello, I’ve got my audition in January and I’ve got to prepare one monologue 1 to one and a half minutes long, am just wondering if I can do a monologue out of anything, because I’ve found one from a play I like but am wondering if this is allowed? Or if I have to do one from television or film? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I’ve got my audition in January and I’ve got to prepare one monologue 1 to one and a half minutes long, am just wondering if I can do a monologue out of anything, because I’ve found one from a play I like but am wondering if this is allowed? Or if I have to do one from television or film? Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey! Which course are you auditioning for? We have a few different courses that do monologue auditions so we want to double check that we give you the right information :smile:
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Reply 2
Acting for film:smile:
Original post by University of Chichester
Hey! Which course are you auditioning for? We have a few different courses that do monologue auditions so we want to double check that we give you the right information :smile:
Acting for film:smile:

Amazing! Don't worry about using a monologue from a play, the audition will be more about your acting ability and how comfortable you are on camera. Our audition process is as a relaxed as it can be, it's a chance for you to see the campus again, meet others that may end up on your course with you in September and getting to know the lecturers too!

Georgia is a 3rd year Acting for Film student and she's done a vlog on the process of the audition and advice for the audition too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgfoRjzm1A&t=1s

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or to ask Georgia on her YouTube channel! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Chichester
Amazing! Don't worry about using a monologue from a play, the audition will be more about your acting ability and how comfortable you are on camera. Our audition process is as a relaxed as it can be, it's a chance for you to see the campus again, meet others that may end up on your course with you in September and getting to know the lecturers too!

Georgia is a 3rd year Acting for Film student and she's done a vlog on the process of the audition and advice for the audition too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXgfoRjzm1A&t=1s

If you have any questions, feel free to ask or to ask Georgia on her YouTube channel! :smile:

My audition told me to prepare a monologue so I just was wondering is it okay if it’s from a play or does it have to be from television? Thanks for the help btw:smile:
My audition told me to prepare a monologue so I just was wondering is it okay if it’s from a play or does it have to be from television? Thanks for the help btw:smile:

It can be from a play :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending