The Student Room Group

Chichester vs Sussex for law?

hi all,

I have offers from both universities. What have your experiences been like? To anyone from either uni.

How many contact hours do you have per week? How many days are you in uni? Overall how has your experience been and what don’t you like? Thank you so much!!!
Reply 1
I did the LLB at Sussex and went on to the do the LLM, its got a good law school with some very excellent lecturers. I went to see Sussex and I knew it was the right place for me. So I would recommend you visit the campus and I hope you choose Sussex like I did, I hope that helps!
Sussex
sussex 100%
Reply 4
Original post by biggyash
I did the LLB at Sussex and went on to the do the LLM, its got a good law school with some very excellent lecturers. I went to see Sussex and I knew it was the right place for me. So I would recommend you visit the campus and I hope you choose Sussex like I did, I hope that helps!
thank you. How many days were you in uni for a week?
Reply 5
Original post by daisy9909
thank you. How many days were you in uni for a week?
The LLB was 3-4 days on campus at various times for lectures and seminars, but if you visit the Law school I am sure they can share the last years timetable to give you a flavour of the amount of time you will be on campus, best of luck!
Reply 6
Original post by mike23mike
Sussex
Why?
Reply 7
Original post by greentiger
sussex 100%
why?
why?
much higher rep, which is very necessary with a degree like law as it is so competitive once you enter the job world, it also has excellent teaching and facilities and the setting of the campus is lovely
Reply 9
much higher rep, which is very necessary with a degree like law as it is so competitive once you enter the job world, it also has excellent teaching and facilities and the setting of the campus is lovely
even if you prefer Chichester?
even if you prefer Chichester?
Unfortunately with law being so competitive, i’d say that is the case, it would be different if you were doing e.g. criminology but law needs the best you can get
Reply 11
Unfortunately with law being so competitive, i’d say that is the case, it would be different if you were doing e.g. criminology but law needs the best you can get

completely understand.

I just love the smaller class sizes at Chichester, how friendly and passionate the lecturers work, how it’s smaller/quieter and I feel I would do so much better there than at Sussex. I know Sussex ranks higher but their student satisfaction scores are seriously lower and the large student number would be overwhelming. I want to know my tutor and classmates, not sit in a lecture hall with 100 people.

(For example) a 1st class degree from Chichester combined with extra curricula’s and work experience wouldn’t look as good as a 2:1 from Sussex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending