The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

University of Chichester - Accommodation Thread 2022

Hi everyone!

This is your official thread to discuss all things accommodation. :h:

We know moving away from home is a big step, so finding your home away from home is important.
There's lots of choice here at Chichester and we offer both catered and self-catered options.

Ask us any questions, about living in halls or private renting and we'll do our best to answer them.

And if you fancy exploring our options before asking, take a look at our online tours!

See you in the comments! :wavey:
Hi, :smile:
I am considering choosing Chichester Uni for starting in September and was looking at the accommodation, specifically Pinewood House. However on the website there are no pictures of the shared facilities like the kitchen and bathroom/s, would it be possible to see pictures of the shared facilities?

Thank you, this would really help me choose my accommodation!
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Hi,
When considering 2nd and 3rd year accommodation is it possible, and how easy is it to stay in university owned accommodation?
And if this is not common or possible how does it work with regards to renting a private property, is there a lot of affordable options available for students in Chichester and does the uni help you find somewhere?

Thank you!
:smile:
Hi everyone.

I am going to be studying an MA degree at the University of Chichester starting in September this year (2022). I am looking for a potential house share and was wondering if anyone was looking for housemates in the Chichester/Bognor area?

Thanks guys,

Elliot
Original post by Crystalivy22
Hi, :smile:
I am considering choosing Chichester Uni for starting in September and was looking at the accommodation, specifically Pinewood House. However on the website there are no pictures of the shared facilities like the kitchen and bathroom/s, would it be possible to see pictures of the shared facilities?

Thank you, this would really help me choose my accommodation!

Hi there, :bird:

It's great to hear you're considering studying at Chichester!
Accommodation can play a big part in deciding where you study, and our Youtube channel has an accommodation playlist that gives you a little tour of the facilities for the different types of accommodation.

You can also email our accommodation team at [email protected] who can give you more info on Pinewood House specifically.

Thanks,
Megan :smile:
Original post by Crystalivy22
Hi,
When considering 2nd and 3rd year accommodation is it possible, and how easy is it to stay in university owned accommodation?
And if this is not common or possible how does it work with regards to renting a private property, is there a lot of affordable options available for students in Chichester and does the uni help you find somewhere?

Thank you!
:smile:

Hey,

Most students in 2nd and 3rd year do go into private renting, but you can always ask the question to our accommodation team about the possibility of remaining in university owned accommodation. There email is [email protected].

The uni does offer a lot of support with helping students find accommodation in the private sector. We host a housing fair where you can meet university approved landlords, with lots of affordable options, and there are also websites like MyStudentLet which advertise student housing nearby.

I hope this helps a bit :smile:
Megan
Hi,
Thank you very much, this is so helpful!
Crystal
For BARBARA SMITH HALLS in Bognor is it the only accommodation there. Also my course (BA (Hons) Screen Acting and Film Production) is set in Bognor so for things like jobs and student life is it any different than the actual campus or not?
Original post by JacksAlive
For BARBARA SMITH HALLS in Bognor is it the only accommodation there. Also my course (BA (Hons) Screen Acting and Film Production) is set in Bognor so for things like jobs and student life is it any different than the actual campus or not?

Hi there,

Thanks for your questions. So, on Bognor campus we have Barbara Smith halls like you mentioned, and we also have Longbrook which is shared facilities. Feel free to have a look at our Bognor Regis campus tour video that includes the accommodation to get a better look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDo6j5efDgU&t=1s

Like Chichester, Bognor Regis is a small town but there is plenty of options for grabbing a bite to eat or having a drink with friends. There are also many cafe's and shops in town that will often have part time jobs. There are also opportunities to work at the University too. We also have an inter-campus bus service, so getting to Chichester is really easy- only about 20/30mins, so if you're in Bognor you can still enjoy what's on offer in Chichester as well!

I hope this helps :smile:
Tom
HiI’ve been reading that there is a shortage of student accommodation for year 2 onwards. What is the university doing to tackle this issue?It’s worrying if students who don’t commute can’t find accommodation once they’ve finished year 1.
Hi! I was wondering if it’s possible to get supermarket deliveries to on campus accommodation (Bognor Regis). If not, what do most students do about getting groceries? I have mobility issues and home delivery would be far easier but if there’s a direct bus to a supermarket that doesn’t take that long that would be okay too. Thanks in advance!
Original post by LJrandom2
Hi! I was wondering if it’s possible to get supermarket deliveries to on campus accommodation (Bognor Regis). If not, what do most students do about getting groceries? I have mobility issues and home delivery would be far easier but if there’s a direct bus to a supermarket that doesn’t take that long that would be okay too. Thanks in advance!

Isn’t the on campus accommodation all catered for accommodation? So there shouldn’t be a need for big food shops?
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Isn’t the on campus accommodation all catered for accommodation? So there shouldn’t be a need for big food shops?

It is all catered, but it’s a maximum of two meals a day and less so at weekends, so food shops are still necessary. Plus for those of us with dietary restrictions, cooking at home is sometimes easier, as catering money can be spent on coffee and sandwiches etc as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending