The Student Room Group

Dropping EPQ, Medicine

I've put EPQ in my Ucas application, however i really don't think i want to complete the epq and want to focus on A levels. Im applying Medicine and waiting to get an offer. So I want to drop it and so contact the unis but I'm just worried that it would affect the chance of me getting an offer as it would show that i wasnt able to cope with it, although i have high ucat, gcses and predicted grades 3A*. do you think there could be a disadvantage of doing this
(edited 2 months ago)
I think they'd always prefer 3 best A Levels without an EPQ over 3 less good A Levels with an EPQ.
Reply 2
Original post by kay623
I've put EPQ in my Ucas application, however i really don't think i want to complete the epq and want to focus on A levels. Im applying Medicine and waiting to get an offer. So I want to drop it and so contact the unis but I'm just worried that it would affect the chance of me getting an offer as it would show that i wasnt able to cope with it, although i have high ucat, gcses and predicted grades 3A*. do you think there could be a disadvantage of doing this

It probably won’t matter, but you will need to ask them, as any offers they make will be based on what was in your application, which included an EPQ.
(edited 2 months ago)
Somebody else had a similar question recently.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7438726

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending