Original post by Drewski
Thing is...

....nobody cares.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 21
UCL is overrated tho
Reply 22
lol that's good papi
Neither. I'd say Oxford and Cambridge are superior.

You go Harvard cos daddy got you in. While that's true to an extent for Oxbridge, you do need to be intelligent too.

Just the opinion of someone who doesn't go to any of them lol.
Reply 24
Original post by Guru Jason
Neither. I'd say Oxford and Cambridge are superior.

You go Harvard cos daddy got you in. While that's true to an extent for Oxbridge, you do need to be intelligent too.

Just the opinion of someone who doesn't go to any of them lol.

I get your point Jason
Reply 25
So which is better Cambridge or ETH Zurich?
Harvard is in Cambridge. Cambridge is in Cambridge.
Oxford is consistently at the top of the world league tables. They really won’t care what you think
Reply 28
Original post by Oxford Mum
Oxford is consistently at the top of the world league tables. They really won’t care what you think

Nah -- THE is a hoax , QS is da best
The people over at Oxford will not exactly be crying into their pillows because you don’t like them . There are so many people desperate to get in.
Reply 30
The people over at Oxford will not exactly be crying into their pillows because you don’t like them . There are so many people desperate to get in.

K .
This thread is peak TSR
Original post by moonkatt
This thread is peak TSR

😂😂
This thread is peak TSR

Agreed - when urban dictionary get round to updating the TSR entry, this will be in it

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Student%20Room
Reply 34

People at Cambridge are smarter than those at Oxford , people apply to oxford cuz they know that they'll be rejected at Cambridge
It is just as hard to get into Oxford as Cambridge. People apply to Cambridge or Oxford because they prefer the course ( and sometimes it is quite different!)

Some apply to Cambridge because they are not as stringent about gcse grades, so in that sense getting into Cambridge is easier. But then the offers at Cambridge are higher eg for medicine at Oxford is a*aa but at Cambridge it’s a*a*a

Have you ever applied to either uni?

If not, why do you make sweeping statements on this thread?

There are very gifted student at both Oxford and Cambridge and although I have closer ties to Oxford, I would be hard pressed to tell you which is the better university.
Reply 36
It is just as hard to get into Oxford as Cambridge. People apply to Cambridge or Oxford because they prefer the course ( and sometimes it is quite different!)

Some apply to Cambridge because they are not as stringent about gcse grades, so in that sense getting into Cambridge is easier. But then the offers at Cambridge are higher eg for medicine at Oxford is a*aa but at Cambridge it’s a*a*a

There are very gifted student at both Oxford and Cambridge and although I have closer ties to Oxford, I would be hard pressed to tell you which is the better university.

And what made you think that I did not apply to one of them lol
Reply 37

Most colleges at Oxford is named after the ones in Cambridge- Trinity Queens etc.
that would be Norwich ( UEA )... the Easternmost yoony.
This thread is peak TSR

If you go onto very old threads at TSR, it was the same topic. They should just leave it open as a permanent item.

Latest

Trending

Trending