The Student Room Group

Stonebride college

Access to HE Nursing - learndirect - I would like to connect with anyone who has recently started an access to nursing course this year as I have just started one with Stonebridge as I have fulltime work on other commitments. I have also been struggling with the Harvard style of referencing which is frustrating, it would be nice to connect with anyone on an Access to HE nursing course so we can encourage each other along.
Hi, I did the midwifery diploma with LD and finished last year. I found MyBib really helpful for the reference and bibliography lists though you do need to check them as they’re not always bang on. You can choose which type of referencing you need and it keeps them all in one place! The in text is just surname(s) and year so nice and easy.

I found a group of other students by going into the forum on LD and we started a WhatsApp group which was really helpful and spurred us all on, plus I joined FB groups where there were always lots of lovely people to double check things with, maybe you could try that too?
Original post by da_yetunde-o
Access to HE Nursing - learndirect - I would like to connect with anyone who has recently started an access to nursing course this year as I have just started one with Stonebridge as I have fulltime work on other commitments. I have also been struggling with the Harvard style of referencing which is frustrating, it would be nice to connect with anyone on an Access to HE nursing course so we can encourage each other along.

@da_yetunde-o
Hello! I've taught on an Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery program for the last 10 years.

There is a great source on the Open University website about Harvard referencing (it wouldn't let me post the link for some reason)

If you are doing a Health Studies Module there is a great book by Naidoo and Wills called 'Health Studies' of which you can find many second hand copies of on eBay

Also, when you interview at University during/after your Access program, have a look at the professional standards of the Nursing and Midwifery council before you do, and prepare some details on a current issue in Nursing- the under representation of men is a popular one

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Arden University
@da_yetunde-o
Hello! I've taught on an Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery program for the last 10 years.

There is a great source on the Open University website about Harvard referencing (it wouldn't let me post the link for some reason)

If you are doing a Health Studies Module there is a great book by Naidoo and Wills called 'Health Studies' of which you can find many second hand copies of on eBay

Also, when you interview at University during/after your Access program, have a look at the professional standards of the Nursing and Midwifery council before you do, and prepare some details on a current issue in Nursing- the under representation of men is a popular one

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Thank you so much for this response. I am grateful. Also I have submitted my assignment and received a 2nd referral for doing my Harvard referencing wrong again. Please help? What am I doing wrong?

Roberts, G., Bora R., Hoerning., E., Ley, A., Long, M., [2019]. DPT Leaflet, Taking steps towards living well - A personal guide to Five ways to wellbeing,. A report for Devon Partnership NHS Trust Clinical cabinet.
Original post by da_yetunde-o
Thank you so much for this response. I am grateful. Also I have submitted my assignment and received a 2nd referral for doing my Harvard referencing wrong again. Please help? What am I doing wrong?

Roberts, G., Bora R., Hoerning., E., Ley, A., Long, M., [2019]. DPT Leaflet, Taking steps towards living well - A personal guide to Five ways to wellbeing,. A report for Devon Partnership NHS Trust Clinical cabinet.

@da_yetunde-o The year should be in curly brackets not square ones. I'd like to add when they say 'harvard referencing' it is usually the in-text citations where students make a lot of mistakes. For an in-text reference it is laid out as

Smith (2009) argued that or

so many years (Smith, 2009) if it is at the end of a sentence

For your example above, in text, it would be Roberts et al. (2019) argued that - you can do et al if it is more than 3

Marc
Reply 5
started mine in nov and im happy to help if u'd like dm me ur email x
Original post by Diploma2021
Hi, I did the midwifery diploma with LD and finished last year. I found MyBib really helpful for the reference and bibliography lists though you do need to check them as they’re not always bang on. You can choose which type of referencing you need and it keeps them all in one place! The in text is just surname(s) and year so nice and easy.

I found a group of other students by going into the forum on LD and we started a WhatsApp group which was really helpful and spurred us all on, plus I joined FB groups where there were always lots of lovely people to double check things with, maybe you could try that too?

Thank you very much, this is indeed very helpful. I will try your suggestions.
Stay blessed x
Reply 7
Original post by Arden University
@da_yetunde-o The year should be in curly brackets not square ones. I'd like to add when they say 'harvard referencing' it is usually the in-text citations where students make a lot of mistakes. For an in-text reference it is laid out as

Smith (2009) argued that or

so many years (Smith, 2009) if it is at the end of a sentence

For your example above, in text, it would be Roberts et al. (2019) argued that - you can do et al if it is more than 3

Marc

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending