The Student Room Group

A level optionsand timetable, help please?

Hello,l i will be taking my AS levels starting in September, but i am unsure what i should choose :s-smilie:

At the momenmt i think i am doing:

For Definate

Geography
Psychology
Biology

Need to choose from:
Sociology
Maths

Also i am considering doing Music Technology in my free time, but i am unsure about this, what do you people think?

Also if i do biology, geography, psychology and maths i could do general studies as this is in an option block, is this worth doing?

I am unsure entirely on what i would like to do at university, but considering psychology, but due to the popularity of this course, it may be impossible for me to get a job. Other than that i am quite interested in a job in geography.

Any input is really appreciated.

Also about revision, i am going to work hard, and i wanted to know what everyone thinks about my plan timetable, here it is:

3:15 Get home
3:15-4:00 Break
4:00-5:00 Revision subject 1
5:00-6:00 Revision subject 2
6:00-7:00 Tea
7:00-8:00 Revision subject 3
8:00-8:30 Break
8:30-9:30 Revision subject 4
9:30-10:30 Get ready for bed.
10-11:00 go to bed.

If i did an extra subject i am not sure where i would put the revision for this. Comments on this schedule are very welcome,
Thanks,
Peter.
Maths would add a lot to your university application, its very respected. As for the timetable, people are different... but i find people who make timetables are concentrating on the timetable and 'Oooo im working hard', rather than doing the work! :p: I'd just do everything you need to, and decide when you need a break...
You're going to work for 4 hours every night? o.o

Take maths over sociology, definitely. Maths is way more respected.
Reply 3
maths maths maths, much mroe respected than sociology

your revision timetable looks ridiculous, but then again i dont even finish colelge til 4:15 most days
Reply 4
Is that a revision timetable before your exams or is that a timetable for every weekday? If it's the latter, that's mad.
Reply 5
Hello, thanks for the replies, i am unsure whether maths will be too hard for me or not, that is my only drawback :/ And yes that is a typical weeknight how i plan, starting from the first day, why is that so suprising and apparently mad lol? Enlighten me please. Also i should have about 5 hours of free periods a week, so i will work then, should work out about only 3 hours revision a night, obviously alot more on weekends and nearer exams.

Thanks for anymore feedback
Reply 6
Peteo
Hello, thanks for the replies, i am unsure whether maths will be too hard for me or not, that is my only drawback :/ And yes that is a typical weeknight how i plan, starting from the first day, why is that so suprising and apparently mad lol? Enlighten me please. Also i should have about 5 hours of free periods a week, so i will work then, should work out about only 3 hours revision a night, obviously alot more on weekends and nearer exams.

Thanks for anymore feedback

Do Maths, 4 hours of revision a day? That's crazy, i mean on day 1, will you have even learnt enough to revise for that amount of time? You need time to actually live as well as learn.
Daax
Do Maths, 4 hours of revision a day? That's crazy, i mean on day 1, will you have even learnt enough to revise for that amount of time? You need time to actually live as well as learn.

Yeah, you wont learn as well from cramming the entire year either... I stick by what i said above, just use your initiative to decide when enough is enough and when to take a break - timetables are pointless. :smile:

Latest