The Student Room Group

Car Theory+Practical within 6 months

Is it possible to do your theory and practical within 6 months ?
depends on how fast u learn
Original post by Anonymou5l
depends on how fast u learn

So it’s possible ?
Original post by Austin114
So it’s possible ?

Obviously
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Obviously

What’s your preferred way of learning? Book/CD/Mobile App/Computer?
I know like nothing about cars. Feeling very hesitant on trying this out but I really wanna do it for my own good. It’ll definitely be a challenge. Just quite nervous as I never really saw myself driving in the nearest future especially with the dangers that come with it.
What’s your preferred way of learning? Book/CD/Mobile App/Computer?

The theory test is easy a monkey could pass I used the app
So it’s possible ?

To pass your theory, make sure you revise and have practise mock tests and for hazard perception videos. I would suggest that you buy the app for the theory test, as it has all the questions.
For driving, make sure your instructor is organised and can basically teach prply. Then take regular lessobs and relfect on your lessons, make notes and watch YouTube videos on driving. Eg. about roundabouts.
if you stay focused and consistent and don't waste time, by delaying your revision and driving lessons, it is possible
Good luck!!
Original post by ThuggerThugger
The theory test is easy a monkey could pass I used the app

Brilliant. Thanks man, what about Practical? How many takes of driving lessons does it normally take to know that you’re ready for the practical test? Or is there a fixed amount of lessons you get?
Yes of course, myself and numerous of my friends did it in less than 6 months! Most of us averaged 4 months!
Original post by Anonymou5l
To pass your theory, make sure you revise and have practise mock tests and for hazard perception videos. I would suggest that you buy the app for the theory test, as it has all the questions.
For driving, make sure your instructor is organised and can basically teach prply. Then take regular lessobs and relfect on your lessons, make notes and watch YouTube videos on driving. Eg. about roundabouts.
if you stay focused and consistent and don't waste time, by delaying your revision and driving lessons, it is possible
Good luck!!

Very great advice. Thank you.
Brilliant. Thanks man, what about Practical? How many takes of driving lessons does it normally take to know that you’re ready for the practical test? Or is there a fixed amount of lessons you get?

I probs had 50 1hr lessons in total, passed 3rd try
Original post by lucy_stapleton
Yes of course, myself and numerous of my friends did it in less than 6 months! Most of us averaged 4 months!

Resources used? Any tips and tricks?
Is it possible to do your theory and practical within 6 months ?

Definitely! I did my theory the day after my 17th birthday and sat the test 2 months later. If you can get practice outside of lessons, I think this is the best way. Use the app - read the book after, Remember, you are passing an exam. Get used to the questions as they are the same, or very close to the practice questions.
Resources used? Any tips and tricks?

For my theory I just used the DVLA app frequently, as for the practical I had a 2 hour lesson each week, I went out often with my parents to practice manoeuvres and test routes, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending