The Student Room Group

Biochemistry at Edinburgh vs Glasgow Uni

I have unconditional offers from both Edinburgh and Glasgow for Biochemistry but I really can’t decide which is better. They both have their positives.
I like Glasgow as a city and the staff seemed really friendly but the facilities at Edinburgh looked so good at the open day and I’ve heard that Edinburgh uni is a bit more diverse.
I’m also not sure whether Edinburgh has a better reputation for Biosciences than Glasgow does or whether they are roughly the same.
I don’t really know how different the teaching styles are as I’ve heard complaints about both and some people saying that there’s a lack of support at Edinburgh?
Going to Glasgow would also mean moving away which would be good to do for the experience but I could just move to halls in Edinburgh even though I live quite close? It feels like a bit of a waste of money and I’m not sure if it would be worth it.
I do also have a good part time job in Edinburgh which I could keep on.. but I don’t want to stay in Edinburgh just because it’s easier.
It feels like such a big decision!!
Anybody got any advice?
well done on your offers at both universities !!!
I would visit open days, speak to current students about their experiences and then compare, try to see if you can find more information about the course eg. what teaching style suits you better and what teaching style do you prefer
I would ignore reputations, league tables because both universities are amazing in their own way
Original post by rosesn
I have unconditional offers from both Edinburgh and Glasgow for Biochemistry but I really can’t decide which is better. They both have their positives.
I like Glasgow as a city and the staff seemed really friendly but the facilities at Edinburgh looked so good at the open day and I’ve heard that Edinburgh uni is a bit more diverse.
I’m also not sure whether Edinburgh has a better reputation for Biosciences than Glasgow does or whether they are roughly the same.
I don’t really know how different the teaching styles are as I’ve heard complaints about both and some people saying that there’s a lack of support at Edinburgh?
Going to Glasgow would also mean moving away which would be good to do for the experience but I could just move to halls in Edinburgh even though I live quite close? It feels like a bit of a waste of money and I’m not sure if it would be worth it.
I do also have a good part time job in Edinburgh which I could keep on.. but I don’t want to stay in Edinburgh just because it’s easier.
It feels like such a big decision!!
Anybody got any advice?

i'm in the exact same position!
what uni did you choose and how was it?

Quick Reply

Latest