The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision/Study help

Im not very good with revising, I can't bring myself to be at a desk for hours so I only end up doing last minute revision day before a exam. At this rate im just going to end up flopping my GCSEs. Anyone got a way or a method I can use to force myself to revise and study every day because im aiming for all 9s but at this rate im probably going to struggle to get a grade 6
Reply 1
there is a misconception that revising means sitting in a desk for 50 years~! No thats not how revision works, whats the point of revising if nothing goes into your brain

I would say revise for 20 to 25 mins then take a 5min break, stretch and walk around. Take frequent breaks and use interactive platforms like seneca learning which are completely free to use!Try different methods of revision like mind-maps,flashcards,posters,etc.

Exam papers are your best friend.

Good luck!
Don't just aim for all 9s, set your self small, achievable goals which will help your self reach grade 9, e.g. I bet I can't do these exam questions on simultaneous equations, and when that's done add more and more tasks until your find yourself able to revise for hours. Timetables also help me force my self to do work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending