The Student Room Group

Am I doing too much?

Hey guys so rn I'm studying my a levels with 4 hours of private tuition a week, I'm working 36 hours a week at a warehouse and im doing modelling normally I have one or two photoshoots a month and each assignment can vary from two days to a week on top of this I go to the gym three days a week, I go swimming twice a week, boxing training once a week and I do some photography

I'm finding it hard to fit everything in especially my studies and my tutors expect me to get through a lot of work each week
Have you got any tips on how I can manage everything and am I ultimately doing too much?
yepp u just want people to say "wow ur amazing how can she do all that and to do studys to omg" but we r not get a grip
Original post by A_student2015
yepp u just want people to say "wow ur amazing how can she do all that and to do studys to omg" but we r not get a grip

Dude I just wanted to know what people think on tsr cus I feel like I'm doing too much I'm kinda struggling to get through all the work that my tutors are setting and I feel knackered especially when I'm studying on work days but I don't have much choice I come from a poor family and I wanna live comfortably
Reply 3

The OP is clearly struggling with the workload and thus asking for advice no need to be so toxic lmao

And yes that is a lot of work, if you dont mind me asking what are your future goals or what career are you looking into?If you're doing boxing or swimming for no reason then i suggest you quit it for a while as it is too much on yourself, some of my friends have left their part time job because they couldn't handle the stress of both alevels and work
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Dude I just wanted to know what people think on tsr cus I feel like I'm doing too much I'm kinda struggling to get through all the work that my tutors are setting and I feel knackered especially when I'm studying on work days but I don't have much choice I come from a poor family and I wanna live comfortably

Sounds like you are working hard for the right reasons, but remember the phrase 'give a man a fish ....'.

You need to secure your education now, you you have choices in the future. It's not about having to go to Uni, having to get a Masters, having to get a job in law/finance etc, it's about creating the choice to now, and having that choice available in the future.

So the education comes first

The modelling is presumably time sensitive, so remains for now, and presumably creates sm eincome.

The fitness work is presumably associated with the modelling, and is a different type of work anyway.

Which means the warehouse work is what has to give. I get that it delivers an income and you want to live well, but warehouse work provides an immediate income and nothing in the future. A decent education will secure a long term higher income.
Original post by jjjjxxx
The OP is clearly struggling with the workload and thus asking for advice no need to be so toxic lmao

And yes that is a lot of work, if you dont mind me asking what are your future goals or what career are you looking into?If you're doing boxing or swimming for no reason then i suggest you quit it for a while as it is too much on yourself, some of my friends have left their part time job because they couldn't handle the stress of both alevels and work

I wanna get into chemistry perhaps industrial chemistry, I will need a masters in chemistry
I'm doing boxing for self defense training and I enjoy it and I'm doing swimming for cardio I like to vary my cardio a bit but fitting in running training is easier
Original post by jjjjxxx

try doing less things, u migjt not be streesed as much
try doing less things, u migjt not be streesed as much

What things do you recommend I stop
Yes, that sounds like a lot. Working 36 hours a week is essentially a full time job and unless you are absolutely desperate for the money, I would cut that down in the first instance. Not sure how long you spend exercising, but maybe limit that to no more than an hour a day whilst you are studying for your exams. Exams should be your main priority right now as they are essential to your future, wheres everything else can be put on the back burner for a few months whilst you get your A Levels.
Original post by black tea
Yes, that sounds like a lot. Working 36 hours a week is essentially a full time job and unless you are absolutely desperate for the money, I would cut that down in the first instance. Not sure how long you spend exercising, but maybe limit that to no more than an hour a day whilst you are studying for your exams. Exams should be your main priority right now as they are essential to your future, wheres everything else can be put on the back burner for a few months whilst you get your A Levels.

I'm desperate for money, I need to pay for my exams, fund my lifestyle, ensure I'm on a good diet and live fairly comfortably

I'm gonna be sitting Maths and Accounting this year with Chemistry next year
I'm desperate for money, I need to pay for my exams, fund my lifestyle, ensure I'm on a good diet and live fairly comfortably

I'm gonna be sitting Maths and Accounting this year with Chemistry next year

I would suggest working less and budgeting for a bit, but obviously it's your choice where your priorities lie. Good luck and hope your exams go well.
Hey guys so rn I'm studying my a levels with 4 hours of private tuition a week, I'm working 36 hours a week at a warehouse and im doing modelling normally I have one or two photoshoots a month and each assignment can vary from two days to a week on top of this I go to the gym three days a week, I go swimming twice a week, boxing training once a week and I do some photography

I'm finding it hard to fit everything in especially my studies and my tutors expect me to get through a lot of work each week
Have you got any tips on how I can manage everything and am I ultimately doing too much?

I would say you are doing too much yes. Coming from someone who also does too much, I would say to cut back on maybe the swimming/boxing and keep the gym, also use your lunch periods and breaks at school to do any extra work, or you could fit in the gym during that lunch break if your school has one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending