The Student Room Group

A level results 2023

I got ACD and can I just say I am utterly annoyed and distraught. I worked extremely hard and spent 2 hours after school almost everyday doing extra work. I was getting As and A* in the subject that I got now get a C in all year and this sheet of paper in fact is making me extremely miserable. I have no idea what to do I’ve cried for 3 hours over a couple of letters.

Thank you 🙏
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by girlyteengirl
I got ACD and can I just say I am utterly annoyed and distraught (I used a bad word here and it censored it so I had to change the words) , I worked extremely hard and spent 2 hours after school almost everyday doing extra work. I was getting As and A* in the subject that I got now get a C in all year and this sheet of paper in fact is making me extremely miserable. I have no idea what to do I’ve cried for 3 hours over a couple of letters. Someone tell me a joke or something to cheer me up because I feel like a complete failure and disappointment.

Thank you 🙏

Hey :hugs:
First of all, huge congrats on the A, that's amazing. :jumphug:
I know it might not be what you were hoping for, but results are just letters on paper and they don't define you.
You can still do amazing things and follow your dreams/passions.

I also did not get results I wanted when I applied in 2017 and went through clearing.

Did you get into the Uni you wanted? The Advisors here on TSR are available to support you :grouphugs: if there is anything we can do to help, just drop us a message :heart:

Sending you huge hugs!!! You are amazing
Reply 2
Thank you, and I appreciate your optimism very much :^_^:
I did not apply to any universities as I was very scared to not get accepted or be disappointed with my results. However, I am wishing to apply for La Sapienza which is a university in Italy, Rome. Their acceptance rate is around 80% I think and I have high hopes to get accepted here.

What did you do after not getting the results you wanted?

Thank you for your message :heart:
I got ACD and can I just say I am utterly annoyed and distraught (I used a bad word here and it censored it so I had to change the words) , I worked extremely hard and spent 2 hours after school almost everyday doing extra work. I was getting As and A* in the subject that I got now get a C in all year and this sheet of paper in fact is making me extremely miserable. I have no idea what to do I’ve cried for 3 hours over a couple of letters. Someone tell me a joke or something to cheer me up because I feel like a complete failure and disappointment.

Thank you 🙏

Hey @girlyteengirl!

I just want to say congratulation's on your results! You have done really well!!

Getting your results is such a strange feeling, due to the fact that people apply so much pressure on themselves! I also panicked when I received my results but everything does work out in the end (I swear)🌞

I wish you the best of luck with your University!

Best wishes,
Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😎✨😊🎓🎆

Thank you 🙏

Hey @girlyteengirl :smile:

Just wanted to say a huge congrats on your grades, and to remind you that grades do not define your worth or your future. You should be incredibly proud of yourself, all the hard work and determination you've put into your studies. Despite you feeling disappointed, please know you're not alone with these feelings, and lean on your loved ones for emotional support right now. Every experience and challenge is a stepping stone towards your dreams, embrace all the opportunities coming your way and continue to believe in yourself :smile:

Good luck with applying to the university in Rome - how exciting!

Best of luck with your future, I know you'll smash it!

Becky
Thank you, and I appreciate your optimism very much :^_^:
I did not apply to any universities as I was very scared to not get accepted or be disappointed with my results. However, I am wishing to apply for La Sapienza which is a university in Italy, Rome. Their acceptance rate is around 80% I think and I have high hopes to get accepted here.

What did you do after not getting the results you wanted?

Thank you for your message :heart:

No worries, here for you :hugs:

I see, we are a website mainly focussed on applications to UK-based Universities so can advise but would recommend for more focussed advice to go elsewhere haha :colondollar:

Honestly I focussed on the positives! I still got into one of my top 5 unis and I was so excited to start studying and enjoy Uni life. I also realised that it wouldn't stop me achieving my goals because I could do well at uni :woo: In the end I did, I graduated with a first-class degree and was able to get a good job :woohoo: so it's all going to be fine, I promise!

Anytime :heart:
Reply 6
Original post by University of Bradford
Hey @girlyteengirl :smile:

Just wanted to say a huge congrats on your grades, and to remind you that grades do not define your worth or your future. You should be incredibly proud of yourself, all the hard work and determination you've put into your studies. Despite you feeling disappointed, please know you're not alone with these feelings, and lean on your loved ones for emotional support right now. Every experience and challenge is a stepping stone towards your dreams, embrace all the opportunities coming your way and continue to believe in yourself :smile:

Good luck with applying to the university in Rome - how exciting!

Best of luck with your future, I know you'll smash it!

Becky

Thank you very much I am grateful for your support. I will continue to work hard.
Reply 7
I got ACD and can I just say I am utterly annoyed and distraught. I worked extremely hard and spent 2 hours after school almost everyday doing extra work. I was getting As and A* in the subject that I got now get a C in all year and this sheet of paper in fact is making me extremely miserable. I have no idea what to do I’ve cried for 3 hours over a couple of letters.

Thank you 🙏

Hello, please do not be discouraged from the overall results, I have had the same epxeirence for English literature Aqa. Over the past two years I have too worked so much to secure in the band 5 and get grades A to A*, only for my coursework to be downgraded to a B and be severely low marked for paper 2 and 3 and achieve an overall C. I am still in shock too, and am hopefully going to appeal, as I believe these results do not reflect my efforts and diligence, does anyone please have some guidance for me?
Reply 8
Original post by BUNNYXO
Hello, please do not be discouraged from the overall results, I have had the same epxeirence for English literature Aqa. Over the past two years I have too worked so much to secure in the band 5 and get grades A to A*, only for my coursework to be downgraded to a B and be severely low marked for paper 2 and 3 and achieve an overall C. I am still in shock too, and am hopefully going to appeal, as I believe these results do not reflect my efforts and diligence, does anyone please have some guidance for me?

Thank you for your response.

Have you applied to any unis. If so, what are your future plans. I would say try your best to get your papers reviewed and if these grades have completely spoiled your plans for the future do not worry for now because there will be so many options and many people to guide you through this situation. The A that I got was from my English OCR. I had achieved As-A*s in Philosophy and Ethics in some points throughout the year and believed that I would completely smash the exam but I earned a C and I was completely distraught and annoyed. I got a D in my psychology overall and I expected a bad grade in this subject as it was so difficult for me to enjoy the course, there were so many factors at play that completely destroyed my enjoyment (peers etc.)

I wish that our overall grade was not based on paperwork in the end. I wish that we would have to portray some sort of experience that we participate in physically in order to achieve the top grades because pieces of paper clearly do not highlight our true potential.

I believe that you should appeal, do anything in your interest and in your power to change your grades into what you deserve. Gain the extra experience from programmes, courses etc in order to showcase your hard work and diligence if this is needed from universities. Always compromise and be flexible.

Sending my best, please do not be discouraged too. There is a lot of hope for you.
Reply 9
Thank you so much for the support, I have thankfully received offers for History at Nottingham trent and York st John university. So I am planning to reply as soon as possible and choose, but despite this I am thankful that I will be attending university and completing my chosen subject course in the future. I will also hopefully appeal the mark from the upcoming week, wishing you the best too. 💫💫👍
Reply 10
Thank you so much for the support l, I am still hoping for the remarks next week, thankfully for History I have received offers from Nottingham trent and York St John University. So I am still so grateful for my chosen course to be accepted elsewhere.
I wish you the best of luck too, 💫😆👍.
Reply 11
Original post by BUNNYXO
Thank you so much for the support l, I am still hoping for the remarks next week, thankfully for History I have received offers from Nottingham trent and York St John University. So I am still so grateful for my chosen course to be accepted elsewhere.
I wish you the best of luck too, 💫😆👍.

For Aqa my exam board in English, the grade boundaries were quite high too, as before our months that we were 2 months before I had achieved my predictions of AAA, however obviously after the disappointment from the results it is so disappointing. I am still remaining hopeful and will continue to work hard.

Quick Reply

Latest