The Student Room Group

The Big 'Which Cambridge College?' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Serina M
Yeah exactly, so you're completely contradicting yourself. You say "chavs" should get involved and go and see theatre, yet you don't want to have to deal with them personally.

Unfortunately not everyone has the same mindset as you (which is clearly great), so maybe they don't spend £10 a week on a hobby for their child, or maybe, just maybe they're worrying about spending that £10 on feeding their child.

Nope, I said if they're educated. So if they're just poor, there's no problem.

I said that not everyone can afford £10 a week. What are you getting at?
Reply 1981
Serina M
Wearing Jack Wills is NOT having standards FFS!

I wasn't specifically referring to Jack Wills.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
LOOOL that's a good method of keeping him occupied!

I don't have to anymore now. :awesome:

This thread reminds me of an interesting quote I read somewhere.

'Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box'
.Ali.
Lol it's not based on money, you've got the wrong end of the stick. And so what if I think Jack Wills isn't overpriced? And there's nothing wrong with having standards.

I wouldn't say my circles were solely 'upper class', I have a few upper class friends, but most are from the middle classes. And lol I'll stick to people I have things in common with, so I doubt it'll be an issue.

Do you honestly think that paying an extra £50 for 4 letters printed on the front of a hoodie is worth it? You don't know the value of money.
Reply 1984
ilickbatteries
How many charvers do you know that go to Cambridge? :eek3:

By rah, I think most people mean 'someone who is rich and flaunts it excessively'. I wouldn't mind going to a university with a substantial middle class population, but if a lot of the students there flaunt their parents wealth then it's bound to be annoying.

Doesn't bother me how much money someone has until they make it their defining feature/brag about it.

Yeah you won't get chavs at Cambridge.

And tbh your post seems fair enough. :smile: If people want to show off though, leave them to it, they're not hurting you, if you dislike them just leave them alone lol.
.Ali.
Nope, I said if they're educated. So if they're just poor, there's no problem.

I said that not everyone can afford £10 a week. What are you getting at?

For saying you say all this stuff about "uneducated" chavs, you make some pretty uneducated statements.

I'm getting at trying to make you see you've proven your own point wrong.

.Ali.
I wasn't specifically referring to Jack Wills.

Oh, that's ok then. I can see you have standards from everything else you've said previously in this thread.
Reply 1986
illusionz
Do you honestly think that paying an extra £50 for 4 letters printed on the front of a hoodie is worth it? You don't know the value of money.

Jack Wills isn't just hoodies you know. I do love my 'JACK' hoody though. :love: And yes, it is. The quality is better, as is the fit, and they feel nice. :biggrin:

Yes I do, it's all relative tbh. What's expensive to one person isn't to someone else.
.Ali.
Yeah you won't get chavs at Cambridge.

You do get chavs in Cambridge actually. Clearly you've never been there.
Reply 1988
Serina M
For saying you say all this stuff about "uneducated" chavs, you make some pretty uneducated statements.

I'm getting at trying to make you see you've proven your own point wrong.

Oh, that's ok then. I can see you have standards from everything else you've said previously in this thread.

No, I haven't. They can become educated, and there are cheaper hobbies they can get involved in, instead of smashing up the local bus shelter.

Plus something that's not to your taste might be to someone elses, so y'know, the last comment was a little unnecessary. :smile:
Reply 1989
illusionz
You do get chavs in Cambridge actually. Clearly you've never been there.

Not in the uni.
.Ali.
Jack Wills isn't just hoodies you know. I do love my 'JACK' hoody though. :love: And yes, it is. The quality is better, as is the fit, and they feel nice. :biggrin:

Yes I do, it's all relative tbh. What's expensive to one person isn't to someone else.

The quality is no better than primark. The fit is no better. You're clueless.

To be honest I can see you now, Jack Will's hoodie, denim skirt, black tights and ugg boots. Brown hair dyed/highlighted blonde. Relying on daddy's credit card for all of your excessive shopping trips, looking down on the poor.

Disgusting.
.Ali.
No, I haven't. They can become educated, and there are cheaper hobbies they can get involved in, instead of smashing up the local bus shelter.

Huge generalisation - uneducated statement. Also, can I just clarify, you say that if they're poor, "it's okay", so what are you going to do to encourage them to get into theatre or "cultured" activities? Or you're just going to accept it and forget about them?

Plus something that's not to your taste might be to someone elses, so y'know, the last comment was a little unnecessary. :smile:

Everything you've said is, y'know, unnecessary.
.Ali.
Not in the uni.

I'm there. I know a few. There are plenty in the city. Cambridge is a small place, go to the east of town and there are chavs.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1993
illusionz
The quality is no better than primark. The fit is no better. You're clueless.

To be honest I can see you now, Jack Will's hoodie, denim skirt, black tights and ugg boots. Brown hair dyed/highlighted blonde. Relying on daddy's credit card for all of your excessive shopping trips, looking down on the poor.

Disgusting.

Yes it is, Primark is bloody awful. Plus there a chavs in the shop, and outside the shops, there's like a smell... Lol my friends went in there once to take the piss, it was so hilar!

What's wrong with my hair? Yeah I have lighter highlights in it, so what? I don't have it done badly, and I don't have disgusting roots showing, so yeah, I don't see an issue. I have it done professionally so it looks nice. Lol that kind of outfit looks nice, except I don't wear uggs tbh. And actually, my father puts money into my account, so I don't use his credit card. :smile:

I don't look down on the poor, I look down on the uneducated pricks.
.Ali.
I look down on the uneducated pricks.

Like yourself?
Reply 1995
Serina M
Huge generalisation - uneducated statement. Also, can I just clarify, you say that if they're poor, "it's okay", so what are you going to do to encourage them to get into theatre or "cultured" activities? Or you're just going to accept it and forget about them?

Everything you've said is, y'know, unnecessary.

Not really. And why do they need encouragement, everyone else makes it okay...as long as they know when shows are on, they're welcome to go. I honestly don't have a problem with poor people lol. :s-smilie:

And no, it's not.
Reply 1996
illusionz
I'm there. I know a few. There are plenty in the city. Cambridge is a small place, go to the east of town and there are chavs.

Chavs in dress sense, or true chavs?
.Ali.
Yes it is, Primark is bloody awful. Plus there a chavs in the shop, and outside the shops, there's like a smell... Lol my friends went in there once to take the piss, it was so hilar!

What's wrong with my hair? Yeah I have lighter highlights in it, so what? I don't have it done badly, and I don't have disgusting roots showing, so yeah, I don't see an issue. I have it done professionally so it looks nice. Lol that kind of outfit looks nice, except I don't wear uggs tbh. And actually, my father puts money into my account, so I don't use his credit card. :smile:

I don't look down on the poor, I look down on the uneducated pricks.

I need say nothing more. People can just look at your posts and tell you're deluded. Get some experience of the real world darling.
Reply 1998
Serina M
Like yourself?

Lol I'm not uneducated. :smile: I just have different opinions, I don't get why this has offended you?
.Ali.
Chavs in dress sense, or true chavs?

Dress, accent, attidude, behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending