The Student Room Group

What kind of questions will he ask about my IRP (Spanish A level)?

Can anyone whose done the IRP in an A level modern language tell me what kind of questions the examiner asks?
Hola Lemon,
if you tell me your title, I´ll give you some ideas.
Meanwhile, I can tell you that it depends on what your short presentation tells him/her and the bullet points the examiner will have of your topic. You should be clever enough to leave some info hanging so that the examiner feels interested to ask more (¿Por qué has dicho que...? ¿Qué razones hay para afirmar que...? ¿No crees que ...? ) The examiner will not be asking about facts but about your opinions and if they ask about facts there will always be a subsequent question to check that your critical thinking about your topic is good.
Suerte
Ohh I see, so its probably best for the 2 min memorised presentation to all factual, therefore I can fill in the rest of the time with opinions!
My topic is about the Mezquita-Catedral de Cordoba.

One side of the debate (and the current situation) is that it belongs to the Catholic church because they site was Catholic before the Muslim invasion in the medieval times, and therefore all ticket profits ect goes to the Vatican, and Muslims are forbidden to pray inside it. Also in the tours, audios, pamphlets, the Church plays down the Muslim history. Catholics, conservatives, the party VOX, agree with this... Oh yeh and they only believe in calling it a 'Catedral'

The other side of the debate. The site is a UNESCO site therefore it should belong to the public. The Catholic Church should have a reduced influence in Spain altogether. It is important to keep it a multi-faith site since it is a symbol/remnant of the time pre-reconquista when Jews, Muslims and Christians all lived and worshipped in harmony. Left wing causes support this, also apparently islamic terrorist organisations and middle eastern countries are funding this campaign.

I hope i've summarised this enough for you to get the picture!
Thank you so much, you are so helpful!
Original post by Lemonsandlemons
Ohh I see, so its probably best for the 2 min memorised presentation to all factual, therefore I can fill in the rest of the time with opinions!
My topic is about the Mezquita-Catedral de Cordoba.

One side of the debate (and the current situation) is that it belongs to the Catholic church because they site was Catholic before the Muslim invasion in the medieval times, and therefore all ticket profits ect goes to the Vatican, and Muslims are forbidden to pray inside it. Also in the tours, audios, pamphlets, the Church plays down the Muslim history. Catholics, conservatives, the party VOX, agree with this... Oh yeh and they only believe in calling it a 'Catedral'

The other side of the debate. The site is a UNESCO site therefore it should belong to the public. The Catholic Church should have a reduced influence in Spain altogether. It is important to keep it a multi-faith site since it is a symbol/remnant of the time pre-reconquista when Jews, Muslims and Christians all lived and worshipped in harmony. Left wing causes support this, also apparently islamic terrorist organisations and middle eastern countries are funding this campaign.

I hope i've summarised this enough for you to get the picture!
Thank you so much, you are so helpful!

Felicidades. It´s a great topic and really interesting. You seem to master the info. I wouldn´t give only facts but a mixture so that you open lots of questions into the examiner´s mind. You have to be clever enough to lead them ... For example:
El tema de mi presentación es La Mezquita de Córdoba. Mi elección se basa en mi interés por la historia de España y su patrimonio y en particular, por el patrimonio musulmán, pero sobre todo por la controversia que la Mezquita ha suscitado y suscita. (you are offering the examer the opportunity to ask about this afterwards) Fue construída en blah blah, por blah, blah. Es el símbolo de la ciudad y se dice que bla blah. Su conservación esté en manos de .... (again, the examiner, would ask why this is). Los partidarios de Vox la consideran blah, blah. (again, the examiner would ask why, so do not forget to learn about Vox and their beliefs regarding catholic religion and catholic heritage)
Lemon, obviously you are already and expert on the topic and I´m not but that is how I´d present the topic. Espero que te haya ayudado.
Delia,
¡Me has dado consejos increíbles! ¡Muchas gracias por su ayuda! Todo es muy útil para mí.
Limón x
Delia,
¡Me has dado consejos increíbles! ¡Muchas gracias por su ayuda! Todo es muy útil para mí.
Limón x

Me alegra mucho. Recuerda que los dos minutos pasan rapidísimo. Es posible que tu profesor/a te aconseje otras cosas, como no decir las razones por las que elegiste ese tema o poner el título de tu presentación en forma de pregunta, de manera que sea más fácil empezar tu presentación. Mucha suerte!
Reply 6
Delia,
Limón x

Hola, my topic is on the influence of Islam in Espana and I was hoping you could share what you did for your IRP? (the examiner's questions after the presentation seem to be the death of me lol)

Thank you!
Original post by RifaxI
Hola, my topic is on the influence of Islam in Espana and I was hoping you could share what you did for your IRP? (the examiner's questions after the presentation seem to be the death of me lol)

Thank you!

Hola Rifaxl, no soy una experta en el tema and everything depends on what you're going to say or have prepared, but I'd ask... : ¿Qué influencia tiene el Islam en la población no árabe española? ¿Qué visión tienen los españoles del Islam? ¿Aparte de los edificios, qué otras representaciones de la cultura hay? ¿Los jóvenes españoles son conscientes del gran papel del Islam en la historia de España? ¿Se estudia en los colegios? ¿Qué sabe la gente? ¿Qué estereotipos existen? ¿Por qué? Once again, I don't know what bullet points you're considering but if I were your examiner, I'd ask them. Saludos, Delia Moreno, profesora online de español.
Original post by DeliaMoreno
Hola Rifaxl, no soy una experta en el tema and everything depends on what you're going to say or have prepared, but I'd ask... : ¿Qué influencia tiene el Islam en la población no árabe española? ¿Qué visión tienen los españoles del Islam? ¿Aparte de los edificios, qué otras representaciones de la cultura hay? ¿Los jóvenes españoles son conscientes del gran papel del Islam en la historia de España? ¿Se estudia en los colegios? ¿Qué sabe la gente? ¿Qué estereotipos existen? ¿Por qué? Once again, I don't know what bullet points you're considering but if I were your examiner, I'd ask them. Saludos, Delia Moreno, profesora online de español.

Hi! You seem really knowledgable so could you please help me out? My topic is "¿Por qué es tan difícil abordar la guerra contra las drogas en México?", what type of questions would the examiner ask? Thanks sm!
hi guys i dont know how to fill in the candidate form what does it mean by List below further sources and/or headings to indicate the scope of your research. Apart from the titles of published sources, the headings must be in English. You may list up to 8 sources and/or headings. These may include online sources. The total number of words should be no more than 80 words.
if my irp is on the wine industry, am i putting the links to the sources i used to make my presentation? or am i putting sub titles i will talk about in my presentation, like bullet points. id appreciate any feedback!! im so stressed my school only sent me the form today :C
Reply 10
Original post by pasankalla
hi guys i dont know how to fill in the candidate form what does it mean by List below further sources and/or headings to indicate the scope of your research. Apart from the titles of published sources, the headings must be in English. You may list up to 8 sources and/or headings. These may include online sources. The total number of words should be no more than 80 words.
if my irp is on the wine industry, am i putting the links to the sources i used to make my presentation? or am i putting sub titles i will talk about in my presentation, like bullet points. id appreciate any feedback!! im so stressed my school only sent me the form today :C

I've listed my 3 subheadings then 3 links to online sources i've used (i put it in bullet points) also check w your teacher if you're still unsure xx
Original post by RifaxI
I've listed my 3 subheadings then 3 links to online sources i've used (i put it in bullet points) also check w your teacher if you're still unsure xx

Thank you!<3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending