The Student Room Group
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton

how many lectures a week at university?

I am planning on going to Bolton University, enrolling for year 2021. I'd be doing game design. If anybody has done that course or knows of similar courses, it would be great if you knew how many lectures you go to per week. thanks.

Ps, do all universities have tutorial that you must attend?
No only Oxford has tutorials and Cambridge has the same thing but "supervision". What other unis will have that is similar is seminars. Your timetables and lectures will be different from other unis so maybe look at the website or ask a current student there?
(edited 4 years ago)
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton
Well, I don't actually study at uni of Bolton physically, but I study on a course that is awarded by this uni. Which means all the lecturers, modules, assignments and everything else is reviewed by the uni. So it's just a different building/location basically.

I study on a course called BSc (hons) Computing and information Systems, and we also have some lectures merged with the game developers. We all have to attend 3 days in a week, but we also have tutorials which can be on a 4th day. (Like I did in my 1st year)
Btw, don't take tutorials too seriously. It's just an hour or so, sometimes less. I only attended a few times in my 1st year and I never got told off. Our course tutor realised that nobody attend, so she moved our tutorials right after some of our lessons. Now she only takes the register as we have lecturers with her anyway, so it's pointless to attend everyone knows.

Most likely you'll have to attend 3 days a week. You'll have 3 modules in each semester, and each module will be lectured within 4 hours on the same day.
Our lectures are usually between 9-13 or 13-17 on (different days), but that may differ.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending