The Student Room Group

Is this text ok when rejecting someone?

I went on a first date with a guy on Friday (met on a dating site but we happen to live in the same town lol) and I thought he was ok/nice but he seems to want to move faster than me, he has been texting everyday since and has been asking when we will next meet but texting him back feels like a chore. I realise that its me with the problem and that I should be grateful that he wants another date but ive got other things on my mind too like im in the process of moving home which he knows about.
I decided about an hour ago that I want to end it for the time being at least until ive more time to reconsider but im bad with rejecting. Mainly because i fear him comming back with an insult or something. My instinct is to just ignore but i want to be mature about it.

I was thinking of sending the following message and wanted opinions, is it ok or does it sound like im talking bull?

Hi Paul, Im going to have to cancel thursday im afraid, just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I’l probably be like this or the next 2 weeks to be honest. I might have more free time the/be in a better mindset to meet again. This being said I dont want to waste your time or mess you about so will understand whatever you decide. Its my fault really for starting dating in the middle of moving home'
That sounds good
It's good send it :smile:
If I put myself in place of the guy and this does seem pretty good. Not too devastating and perfectly sugar coated. Hope the guy actually understands what you’re trying to say and is not a dumdum like me.
I’m confused whether to ask this girl out I matched with on Tinder and your case sounds like one of my imaginations hahaha.
This is a mistake. If you want to end it, say you want to end it. If you leave it like this, he will probably have a timer set for 2 weeks exactly to the minute - which is not really his fault as you're the one saying this.

If you don't want him bothering you - tell him you're not interested and say that it is best you leave it alone and you don't want to pursue it further. Don't worry about his feelings. You're doing him a favour by not wasting his time.
Thats the nicest way you could do it by text. Honest, short, not peak.
I think it’s better to have a sit down and tell him then face to face
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I went on a first date with a guy on Friday (met on a dating site but we happen to live in the same town lol) and I thought he was ok/nice but he seems to want to move faster than me, he has been texting everyday since and has been asking when we will next meet but texting him back feels like a chore. I realise that its me with the problem and that I should be grateful that he wants another date but ive got other things on my mind too like im in the process of moving home which he knows about.
I decided about an hour ago that I want to end it for the time being at least until ive more time to reconsider but im bad with rejecting. Mainly because i fear him comming back with an insult or something. My instinct is to just ignore but i want to be mature about it.

I was thinking of sending the following message and wanted opinions, is it ok or does it sound like im talking bull?

Hi Paul, Im going to have to cancel thursday im afraid, just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I’l probably be like this or the next 2 weeks to be honest. I might have more free time the/be in a better mindset to meet again. This being said I dont want to waste your time or mess you about so will understand whatever you decide. Its my fault really for starting dating in the middle of moving home'

it sounds good. in my personal opinion, being honests will save you alot less hassle. only lie when its extremely necessary or if you know it will affect the persons mental state badly, such if they have mental health problems
Text is fine but be straight down the line and put him out of his misery. Sending that will just confuse the poor chap
It's best to avoid dating these days I guess, unless you have six pack physique and drive either a BMW, Porsche or a Merc. It's a bitter hard fact that people now a days are materialistic and put all that above the person's personality and good traits. You have to be financially secure and settled in your life before dating and it kinda makes sense when people separate after a short while coz they don't have any connection, but each other's stable financial life gets them into a relationship in the first place which is a massive mistake. It's best that one should stay single and focus on their life only, forget about all this dating drama which is emotionally draining for a lot of people. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending