The Student Room Group

My guy friend don’t want to be friends with me

Why does everyone think that it is so hard for the one who got rejected by someone their I have a feeling for. How about the one who doesn’t feel anything but have to act normal just because they don’t want to ruin a relationship and just wanted to be a good friends for them.

I have moved to US for about 2 years with no friends or anyone I know. Suddenly I met a guy we were kinda on the same page. We being a good friend for each other He has the ense of humor and we get along SO well together. We don’t even have to say anything just looking at each other face then we know what on ours mind. We were so close then everyone thought that we’re dating or low key liking each other but we don’t. I have a boyfriend and never had that kind of feeling for him and also in my mind always thought that he having a hard time to move on from his ex bc he told me so. Turns out he confessed his feelings to me when we both were drunk I literally have nothing to say next day woke up with the text he left me that it not a big deal so we continue to be friends. Not too long he asked me to hang out but in the middle of conversation he just said that he can not be friends with me he don’t want to hang out with me anymore, he don’t want to sit here next to me and hearing anything about me, I’m absolutely speechless. And now we no longer friends anymore. He said i don’t and will not understand and yes, I don’t understand.

I just miss talking with him.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Why does everyone think that it is so hard for the one who got rejected by someone their I have a feeling for. How about the one who doesn’t feel anything but have to act normal just because they don’t want to ruin a relationship and just wanted to be a good friends for them.

I have moved to US for about 2 years with no friends or anyone I know. Suddenly I met a guy we were kinda on the same page. We being a good friend for each other He has the ense of humor and we get along SO well together. We don’t even have to say anything just looking at each other face then we know what on ours mind. We were so close then everyone thought that we’re dating or low key liking each other but we don’t. I have a boyfriend and never had that kind of feeling for him and also in my mind always thought that he having a hard time to move on from his ex bc he told me so. Turns out he confessed his feelings to me when we both were drunk I literally have nothing to say next day woke up with the text he left me that it not a big deal so we continue to be friends. Not too long he asked me to hang out but in the middle of conversation he just said that he can not be friends with me he don’t want to hang out with me anymore, he don’t want to sit here next to me and hearing anything about me, I’m absolutely speechless. And now we no longer friends anymore. He said i don’t and will not understand and yes, I don’t understand.

Hi there.
You have to move on. Such is life.
He will just feel hurt every time he has to be in your presence. It is normal. He got rejected.
Let him be on his own and take his time to heal.
He will come back when he is ready.
Reply 2
Original post by Ackhnologia

Hi there.
He will just feel hurt every time he has to be in your presence. It is normal. He got rejected.

Should I text him sometime or should I disappear? For real it was so dam good. I just think that maybe he didn’t like me that much it’s just a feeling that come and will go. What do u think?
Hi there.

Should I text him sometime or should I disappear? For real it was so dam good. I just think that maybe he didn’t like me that much it’s just a feeling that come and will go. What do u think?It is up to you
You can message him from time to time
But you might blocked by him. Be ready for that.

It is up him
He is only one who knows how much he loves you
He just needs some space to heal.
He admitted his feelings and they weren't reciprocated, he's hurt and embarrassed so it's near impossible to just go back to how it was as a lot of things he liked about you both will now become a bit bitter and you'll likely be on guard and emotionally distance yourself.

You talk about acting normal for the sake of the relationship, but that's just it, an act. You can't turn the clock back any more than he can.

At the end of the day this is pretty much his own fault, the chances of drunkenly confessing feelings to someone who isn't single going well is near 0.
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
He admitted his feelings and they weren't reciprocated, he's hurt and embarrassed so it's near impossible to just go back to how it was as a lot of things he liked about you both will now become a bit bitter and you'll likely be on guard and emotionally distance yourself.

You talk about acting normal for the sake of the relationship, but that's just it, an act. You can't turn the clock back any more than he can.

At the end of the day this is pretty much his own fault, the chances of drunkenly confessing feelings to someone who isn't single going well is near 0.

I’m actually worried about him and tbh I’m still confused about all those things like how did that happened. it never have any sign or any things that i can at least notice. Anyway now I don’t even know how to tell my boyfriend if he ask about him.
It's time for you to move on and end all contact with him.

He's chosen to drunkenly ruin the friendship by telling you that his feelings are not platonic when he knows that you have a bf.
He probably regrets what he said now that he's sobered up and realised that his feelings are not reciprocated & never will be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending