The Student Room Group

Meeting up with a boy and I think he's expecting something

Basically I'm a girl, 16, in year 11, from Liverpool. I've been talking to this boy, 16, in year 12, from Newcastle, on Snap for a few months and we're both going to be at Leeds Fest so we decided we're going to meet up there. To be honest when we've been chatting we've sent the occasional dirty text, exchanged a few photos and that, but I don't think I want to go all the way just yet because I've never actually done anything with a boy, but he's proper experienced so I think when we meet up he might want to be doing stuff with me. I don't really want to say no because I don't think he'll like me anymore if I reject him. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Basically I'm a girl, 16, in year 11, from Liverpool. I've been talking to this boy, 16, in year 12, from Newcastle, on Snap for a few months and we're both going to be at Leeds Fest so we decided we're going to meet up there. To be honest when we've been chatting we've sent the occasional dirty text, exchanged a few photos and that, but I don't think I want to go all the way just yet because I've never actually done anything with a boy, but he's proper experienced so I think when we meet up he might want to be doing stuff with me. I don't really want to say no because I don't think he'll like me anymore if I reject him. What should I do?

Is he genuinely experienced or is he just claiming to be? It's not uncommon for teenage boys to boast about their sexual experiences...
Reply 2
How do you know he's a 16yo boy from Newcastle?

What kind of photos have you been sending?

Do your parents/guardians know youve been doing this?

If you aren't comfortable meeting with him, don't do it. It doesn't matter if he rejects you, because he doesn't sound like a nice person anyway if he is getting sexual online with someone he doesn't know. And you shouldn't be doing anything that could compromise you.
Original post by Anonymous #1
if he's the kind of person who will reject you for not being sexual with him, is he the kind of person you truly want to be around? never do anything you don't want to do with a guy and please be safe!
Say no. What's the alternative, doing things you don't want to do?
Reply 5
Parents will have different parenting styles I guess. I have to say (as an example) if my 16 year old daughter told me she was going to Manchester (live 60 miles away) for a festival (even if it was with her girl friends) the answer would be a straight no.

Having said that, sex should be something you want. I have no issues with anyone enjoying sex whether it is short/long term and would never judge anyone for the number of partners they have had. That you are not sure means you shouldn't feel pressured into it. I suggest you pass on meeting him.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending