The Student Room Group

I rejected her and now I want her back?

Background: This girl who was a mutual friend liked me around 4 years ago but I rejected her because at the time her personality wasn't a good fit for me. Not too long after this I started dating this really beautiful girl and this other girl was still interested me but I kind of brushed it off. Well, that relationship ended around two years ago. Since then I kinda went into a depression and gained a lot of weight and stayed in the same position at my career.

So around 2 weeks ago I ran into the girl I rejected at the store and I saw her with her boyfriend. Not gonna lie he's good looking and apparently is super successful. She got even more beautiful and I found out that she ended up going for a graduate degree and is now very high up in her company/making a lot of money. It was embarrassing because I know I don't look the best anymore and now she's doing better than me after I rejected her..

I ended up reaching out to her last week through text asking if we could try again because to be honest I always thought she was cute, I just wasn't ready at the time. She said it's way too late and she moved on a long time ago and is now happy with her current boyfriend. She also said she's not gonna be someone's second choice which isn't true because she would have been a first choice for me if I wasn't in the situation I was in (being in a relationship already at the time). Now she's not answering any of my text messages.

I just feel stupid and can't get her out of my head. I regret not giving her the chance at the time and I just thought she would still be an option for me.. How do I win her back?? I know I can treat her better than this new guy to be honest how can I show her this??
Reply 1
Leave the girl alone, she's obviously happy in her new relationship. Just because you see her doing so well when you're not doesn't mean you can swoop in. Please stop sending her messages for your own sake. Nothing is going to come from this.
Original post by Anonymous
Background: This girl who was a mutual friend liked me around 4 years ago but I rejected her because at the time her personality wasn't a good fit for me. Not too long after this I started dating this really beautiful girl and this other girl was still interested me but I kind of brushed it off. Well, that relationship ended around two years ago. Since then I kinda went into a depression and gained a lot of weight and stayed in the same position at my career.

So around 2 weeks ago I ran into the girl I rejected at the store and I saw her with her boyfriend. Not gonna lie he's good looking and apparently is super successful. She got even more beautiful and I found out that she ended up going for a graduate degree and is now very high up in her company/making a lot of money. It was embarrassing because I know I don't look the best anymore and now she's doing better than me after I rejected her..

I ended up reaching out to her last week through text asking if we could try again because to be honest I always thought she was cute, I just wasn't ready at the time. She said it's way too late and she moved on a long time ago and is now happy with her current boyfriend. She also said she's not gonna be someone's second choice which isn't true because she would have been a first choice for me if I wasn't in the situation I was in (being in a relationship already at the time). Now she's not answering any of my text messages.

I just feel stupid and can't get her out of my head. I regret not giving her the chance at the time and I just thought she would still be an option for me.. How do I win her back?? I know I can treat her better than this new guy to be honest how can I show her this??

Honestly, I'm getting the vibe that ur kinda being slightly self-centered here. She's happy and is where she wants to be in life and now you want her to ditch her boyfriend who she has already grown a close relationship with and loves just for the sake of your happiness? It's not about who can treat her better it's about who you decide to put first. And she said you're too late so you should respect it and move on. Just focus on you instead think about your dreams and where you wanna be and focus on that and everything else will come to you. There r a lot of girls she's not the only one in the world I promise someone better and perfect for you is out there somewhere and when the time is right you'll meet them. So for now focus on you and give yourself some self love by doing things you like. Take care of yourself and treat yourself out.
Reply 3
No way back from this but at least you gave her the satisfaction of turning the tables
Give up, immediately. You've just made an absolute fool of yourself with this level of presumption and denial after years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending