The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York firmers 2020

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed York for 2020 for Law and its conditional (AAA). I've applied for Langwith, Constantine and Goodricke for my accommodation!
University of York
York
Original post by Be1h
My offer is conditional AAB, is yours the same?

Yes it is. Hopefully with this new grading situation ill still get that ://
Congratulations everyone - hopefully we will all make it and see each other in September either on the same course or thru achisen accommodation.🤞😊
I’ve formed York for Biochemistry, conditional offer of AAB and chosen Vanbrugh, Alcuin snd Derwent as my top 3!
Original post by maevia
Hey guys! I’ve firmed York for 2020 for psychology and it’s conditional (ABB). I’ve applied for accommodation but i can’t actually remember which ones as I was a bit unsure of where to apply to😖 Wondered if you wanted to chat and maybe make friends?? Same to anybody else studying psych or (hopefully) going to York.

Hiya!
Absolutely, it would be really great to know some people before we start in September.
Reply 45
Original post by EirlysMorgan
Hiya!
Absolutely, it would be really great to know some people before we start in September.

agreed
Reply 46
Original post by EirlysMorgan
Hiya!

Agreed! The prospect of uni is a bit nerve wracking so it’d be nice to see some friendly faces
Reply 47
I’ve firmed York for law and have applied for Constantine and Langwith as my top choices for accommodation but I can’t choose which one to put first haha, I like the rooms in Constantine more but apparently the social life in Langwith is better, has anyone put either of these as their first choice?
Original post by Abv333
I’ve firmed York for law and have applied for Constantine and Langwith as my top choices for accommodation but I can’t choose which one to put first haha, I like the rooms in Constantine more but apparently the social life in Langwith is better, has anyone put either of these as their first choice?

I have put Langwith as my top choice and Constantine as my second :smile: I have also applied for Law !!!
Reply 49
Original post by Embird123
I have put Langwith as my top choice and Constantine as my second :smile:

:smile:what made you chose Langwith over Constantine? Langwith is my top choice at the moment.
Original post by Abv333
:smile:what made you chose Langwith over Constantine? Langwith is my top choice at the moment.

I have heard that the social life is a bit better. In Langwith there is also the GlassHouse which is a bar/cafe/restaurant so that appealed to me too. Apart from that it was just the extra 2 minutes I would get in bed before a 9am as its closer to the Law School !
Reply 51
I have heard that the social life is a bit better. In Langwith there is also the GlassHouse which is a bar/cafe/restaurant so that appealed to me too. Apart from that it was just the extra 2 minutes I would get in bed before a 9am as its closer to the Law School !

Yeah I thought the Glasshouse was a good thing that they had. Oh yeah I forgot it’s closer to the Law School, that’s definitely a plus hahah. Have you applied for the en-suite or shared bathroom?
Original post by Abv333
Yeah I thought the Glasshouse was a good thing that they had. Oh yeah I forgot it’s closer to the Law School, that’s definitely a plus hahah. Have you applied for the en-suite or shared bathroom?

I have put shared bathroom top and ensuite second just because I like the house-style of the shared bathroom!
Reply 53
I have put shared bathroom top and ensuite second just because I like the house-style of the shared bathroom!

Yeah the houses seem a better layout than the flats, I put en-suite first but shared bathroom after it:smile:
Original post by Abv333
Yeah the houses seem a better layout than the flats, I put en-suite first but shared bathroom after it:smile:

Will hopefully see you there at some point !
Reply 55
Will hopefully see you there at some point !

Yeah hope to see you!!:smile:
I've firmed York for 2020 for Law and its conditional (AAA). I've applied for Langwith, Constantine and Goodricke for my accommodation!

Exactly the same as you, and same three colleges as well (which makes sense considering where the law school is..)
I know somebody else said they firmed psychology but i think the comments gone now :frown: hopefully you’ll be able to reach out on this thread again!
Just firmed my place at York and applied for my accommodation and was wondering if anyone else had applied to study Business of the Creative Industries at York from September? I also applied for accommodation on campus east if anyone wants to get in touch - ranked it in order of Constantine, Langwith, Goodricke :smile:
Original post by kingcreole
I’ve formed York for Biochemistry, conditional offer of AAB and chosen Vanbrugh, Alcuin snd Derwent as my top 3!

I’ve also chosen Alcuin and Vanbrugh but I can’t remember my last one. Are you going catered or non-catered??

Quick Reply

Latest