The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary Coleraine 2022-23

Hi everyone,
I have applied for the Primary PGCE at Coleraine. Has anyone else here applied for next year?
Also, does anyone have any tips about the storytelling interview? Maybe a previous student or someone who has applied before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
following along with this as I also received a story telling interview, would appreciate some extra info as currently what we have been given is quite limited!
Reply 2
Original post by tori_232
following along with this as I also received a story telling interview, would appreciate some extra info as currently what we have been given is quite limited!

Hiya 👋 hopefully we will get some replies soon 😊
Reply 3
I also applied this year for the PGCE primary. Has anyone heard if they passed the story telling portion yet?
Reply 4
Me too ! Any updates would b great. Good luck everyone
Reply 5
I also am waiting. I applied last year, but was unsuccessful. Fingers crossed we hear something soon x
Reply 6
No updates here yet either. Was the storytelling submission date the same for everyone? I had 10th December, I really hope we hear something soon 🤞
Reply 7
Yeah 10th Dec for me too x
Reply 8
Yes same date for me also. No news is good news hopefully. This is my first year applying so not getting my hopes up as I hear it’s tough!
Original post by JLaura21
No updates here yet either. Was the storytelling submission date the same for everyone? I had 10th December, I really hope we hear something soon 🤞

Hi everyone,

I also had the same date of the 10th of December. This is my second year applying so if i remember right, I did not hear back from them until the start of February. Don't know if that will be the case this year but fingers crossed we will all hear soon.
Following along, 10th December was my date and no updates so far
Hopefully we hear back soon!
Hi Laura,

I am assuming you have to choose a relevant children's book and use as the base for your interview lesson.
I would say that bringing the story to life is really important. Think about how you might do this - through pictures, song, your expressions and characterisation when reading. Asking key questions as you move through the lesson too. How would your interest be held if you were being read to?
Think about how you will keep the pupils engaged.
This clip shows you how Rik Mayall uses characterisation, images and humour (people learn better when they are having fun) to hold his audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niL_h6kYPbk

What is the rationale of your story? What are the key themes? What do you hope the children will learn? Key language skills, repeating a new word or words? Be able to write a story of their own, tell their learning buddy a story by using their imagination?

The very best of luck Laura

Meg
Following this thread! I submitted my storytelling for the 10th December too 🤞🏻
I submitted storytelling video on the 10th Decemeber too! Still heard nothing yet. I thought it might have been this month but maybe will be February instead. I'm sure it must take hours to watch nearly 500 five minute long videos! Good luck everybody. I hope we hear soon.
Reply 14
Anyone heard anything yet ?
Reply 15
Yes i got an email this morning. I have been invited for an interview!!
Original post by Zd147
Yes i got an email this morning. I have been invited for an interview!!

That's great, well done! When is your interview?
I got an email inviting me to formal interview :biggrin: For anyone who is waiting for an email, interviews seem to be online and will be held between 8th February and 4th March! Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats guys! Bet you’re over the moon!
Still haven’t heard anything which makes me think it’s bad news😩
Reply 19
Original post by syoung993
That's great, well done! When is your interview?

You could select a date between 8th February and 4th March. Mine is the beginning of March. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending