The Student Room Group

Quick a level mock advice

I've got a chemistry a level mock on Wednesday that's 2 hours long.
Should I go sleep now or work?
Tomorrow im just going to go to the library and do loads of questions?
Is that the most efficient use of my time?
Reply 1
@Pigster I've seen you're really good with chemistry advice. Would you be able to advise me what to do please?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
@Pigster I've seen you're really good with chemistry advice. Would you be able to advise me what to do please?

I'm flattered.

There are too many unknowns about whomever you are to be able to offer particularly tailored advice.

Is this mock important in any way? I'm guessing that you're Y13 (I doubt a Y12 would have a 2 hr paper), so your UCAS is in, you won't get kicked out of your school/college, can you not just take the paper and use it diagnostically? i.e. see where you are up to and use it to see what you need to do?

I don't know how tired you are. A good night sleep may be just what the teacher ordered.

Doing "loads of questions" is laudable, but the accurate marking of your work is perhaps more important. Are you actually writing the correct answers? Or are you marking it for yourself and when you see the MS answer, do you go, "well that's what I meant to say"? Do you know the difference between what you actually put and what you need to put?

Correct usage of the MS and hell why not? - the examiners reports - a most overlooked of resource. Get the ER and go through them with a fine toothed comb. Also, print off a copy of the spec. Go through it line-by-line. Any lines you don't 100% get, go ask a teacher to explain.
Reply 3
Original post by Pigster
I'm flattered.

There are too many unknowns about whomever you are to be able to offer particularly tailored advice.

Is this mock important in any way? I'm guessing that you're Y13 (I doubt a Y12 would have a 2 hr paper), so your UCAS is in, you won't get kicked out of your school/college, can you not just take the paper and use it diagnostically? i.e. see where you are up to and use it to see what you need to do?

I don't know how tired you are. A good night sleep may be just what the teacher ordered.

Doing "loads of questions" is laudable, but the accurate marking of your work is perhaps more important. Are you actually writing the correct answers? Or are you marking it for yourself and when you see the MS answer, do you go, "well that's what I meant to say"? Do you know the difference between what you actually put and what you need to put?

Correct usage of the MS and hell why not? - the examiners reports - a most overlooked of resource. Get the ER and go through them with a fine toothed comb. Also, print off a copy of the spec. Go through it line-by-line. Any lines you don't 100% get, go ask a teacher to explain.

Oh okay I got a D in December but I've been revising a lot since then and I'm in year 13. This paper is paper and paper 2 combined as we can only fit 2 exams into our mock week and then the second paper will be paper 3. I thought of doing questions because chemistry is generally repeating questions. I was thinking of going sleep today because I had a 2 hour biology mock today.
What grade are you aiming for and how have you been revising?
Reply 5
Original post by Deborah247
What grade are you aiming for and how have you been revising?

Atleast a C, by doing topic questions.
Atleast a C, by doing topic questions.

Ah okay, don’t worry too much about it. Just do your best. I’m also in Y13 doing chemistry and I have my exams this summer (and I’m certainly not prepared ahaha). What exam board are you doing?
Reply 7
Original post by Deborah247
Ah okay, don’t worry too much about it. Just do your best. I’m also in Y13 doing chemistry and I have my exams this summer (and I’m certainly not prepared ahaha). What exam board are you doing?

I'm in year 13 too and I'm doing AQA. How about you?
I'm in year 13 too and I'm doing AQA. How about you?

OCR and it’s so ****ing difficult :frown: but I guess I just need to keep doing past papers to get better at it
I've got a chemistry a level mock on Wednesday that's 2 hours long.
Should I go sleep now or work?
Tomorrow im just going to go to the library and do loads of questions?
Is that the most efficient use of my time?

Post in the right section next time please don't post in the wrong section in order to be anon (the thread has been moved now)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending