The Student Room Group

Cardiff sixth form college

I am going to sit the scholarship exam for Cardiff sixth form college this summer and would like some advise on how to prepare for this and the interview for 6th form admission.
Reply 1
Original post by Ganesh1
I am going to sit the scholarship exam for Cardiff sixth form college this summer and would like some advise on how to prepare for this and the interview for 6th form admission.

hi i did the sixth form admissions and passed. (no scholarship as I'm an international student ), four exam papers that are similar to the igcse, I did terribly, because I didn't do the igcse and learned the entire curriculum three months before the examination. Theres also a logical reasoning test? I did terribly in that as well.
Reply 2
Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. I applied a few years ago and know many CSFC people.
Reply 3
Original post by Ganesh1

Hi! I’m a current scholarship student at CSFC :smile:)

My advice is :

Look at GCSE stuff on your 3 normal papers

Look at some higher level GCSE stuff/ lower level AS stuff for the scholarship paper

Be yourself in the interview! Try to do a mock interview with someone beforehand if you can + prep some standard answers before hand and try to bring in wider knowledge of your area of interest.

For the logical reasoning test. No real way to prepare, but look up some standard questions for LR tests + be quick with your answers - it’s VERY time constrained. :smile:)

If you have any more questions, feel free to DM me :smile:) hopefully that was helpful.
Original post by Ganesh1

Hey, so am I, may I ask about your predicted grades?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi, I know this post is a bit late but if you still need help feel free to dm me, I have applied and can give you specific advice on exams and the interview. Can also help if you are a scholarship student.

Quick Reply

Latest